Trouble finding gears

Feb 1, 2022
Roy WA USA
So as my post below this one I picked up my trike on Saturday and got her all stripped down, the guy i got it from bought it as a project and didn't really do anything to it and know much about it. It didn't run bit thanks to the Tech sticky here i was able to static time it(they had 3 and 4 swapped) and it started right up, it definitely needs a complete electrical redo(everything works but all the connection are just twisted and electrical taped). The throttle works but is jimmy rigged and the clutch cable needs some work, I am however having trouble finding all the gears, any suggestions? Also I checked the trail and it measures about 8 in, so I will need to address that also

Attachments

• 20220207_164503.jpg
    20220207_164503.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
If it has the stock VW shifter turned 90* there is a plastic bushing that wears out causing a lot of slop. The shifter is kinda sensitive on the adjustment to get all the gears. There are slots on the bolt holes for adjustment. There's probably youtube videos showing all about it.

Irondad you were correct, bushing worn, reverse plate adjusted now I can get all the gears. Now a problem with the clutch, when in gear and the clutch is pushed (i also moved the clutch arm in the trans by hand)the gears are still engaged(clutch not disengaged) so now I guess I'll pull the motor to check that out.

OMG! I wish that I live just a tad clos'rrr to you cause I'd love to help you with your trike, now that looks like a great project to get involved in... You will be on "top of the world" when it's completed, and run'nnn :seestars::seestars:

Ronnie

2/17/22

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back