Trikes in a MC club?

i don't think there is much related to the machine as much as the individual on the machine. if you act like an @$$hole, you're gonna be treated like an @$$hole. if you act intimidated, others are going to see that. this is regardless of what you ride. be confident in who you are and what you ride and others will too.

remember that the world does not revolve around you and the looks that you perceive as directed toward you don't necessarily have anything to do with you. others may just be posturing and trying to look the part. don't sweat it and just ride your ride.

grimm

Never had any problems being accepted by the "two wheelers" However, I think some of them get a little jealous when we are in a parking lot and most of the people gather around the trike rather then their bikes.....:D

i don't think there is much related to the machine as much as the individual on the machine. if you act like an @$$hole, you're gonna be treated like an @$$hole. if you act intimidated, others are going to see that. this is regardless of what you ride. be confident in who you are and what you ride and others will too.

remember that the world does not revolve around you and the looks that you perceive as directed toward you don't necessarily have anything to do with you. others may just be posturing and trying to look the part. don't sweat it and just ride your ride.

grimm

LOL. All I'm saying is that the 2 wheelers refuse to look or acknowledge any trikers around here. Haven't met an @$$hole triker yet either. In my OP I was just asking if this is common, because I didn't want to spend money joining a club in that case. Looking at some of the local clubs closer, there seems to be more face stuffing then riding, so I forgot all about it anyway.

I belong to Harley owner group M/C. in Austin, Tx. I've always had a motorcycle of one make or another, mostly BMWs, Triumph,BSAs,Moto Guzzis, Richman , 1 yamaha and 1 kawasaki. There was always someone who thought that his bike was better. I rode all my life for my pleasure. I finally did something that I never thought I'd ever do. I bought a harley davidson. I'll never be a posser with a Doo Rag wrapped around my head or a filthy dirty denim jacket with 50 patches on it. My prejudice I admit. ANY HOWS my point is I purchased my beloved 2003 HD V Rod and it is by far the best out of 14 M/Cs over the years. Now imagine riding a water cooled HD MC to a meeting of over 50 air breathingHD dinosaurs. There is always some bubba like guy who will walk by and say to his girly side kick"THATS NOT A REAL HARLEY" my usual reply is "go tell that to WILLI DAVIDSON" who designed it along with 1/2 dozen Porsche engineers. The big day will come when I drive up on my new Motor Trike Vrod conversion...soon I Hope for the time being I'm learning as much as possible about the trikes. I think the Motor Trike Vrod conversion is the best all around IMOP...

I ride a trike out of neccessity... maimed myself pretty good about a year ago. I'm in a MC and the only issue my Brothers have with my trike is the lack of adequate rear fenders (FrankNStein Sport). They only ask me to tail gun when it's raining, otherwise I'm usually waiting for them to catch up through the twisties - lol.

Do any of you folks belong to MC clubs? We have a couple in town, and they say all are welcome. But I've got to say, when I'm out and about I'm not feeling like part of the brotherhood of bikers. At lights or other places, the two wheelers will do whatever it takes to ignore my trike. Even at the one patriot guard mission I went on, the two wheelers were only cooly polite. They sure didn't want to acknowledge the trike.

That's okay, I'm a big boy. But I don't want to pay dues to a club, only to be the unwanted red haired stepchild, if you know what I mean.

I too am a PGR member and when on a PGR mission, we try to group trikes together at front or back of group. NEVER had any one act as if me and my trike were not welcome.
When my GL1800 CSC trike is the only trike, I, on my own ride tail gunner...........

you think you get shunned..be a woman on a trike..I ride with a riding club, everyone is Kool with trikes except one guy..told him I'm here to stay don't want to ride with me GO HOME..seriously I was coming out of work and all these guys surrounding my trike soon as they see my helmet and know it's mine they scatter and don't say anything..have that alot..Boom

you think you get shunned..be a woman on a trike..I ride with a riding club, everyone is Kool with trikes except one guy..told him I'm here to stay don't want to ride with me GO HOME..seriously I was coming out of work and all these guys surrounding my trike soon as they see my helmet and know it's mine they scatter and don't say anything..have that alot..Boom

Small people with small minds. Not much loss not to ride with them. It is disappointing though.

Well, with 2 wheelers being uppity, I wave at anything on 2 or 3 wheels when I'm out 2 wheeling. I love the looks I get from the folks on scooters. Actually, trikers are surprised too.

I am a member Of the Blue Knights m/c Club. been a member for 30 years. Spent 26 years on the Aux. police. Retired now but still aqctive member of the Blue Knidghts.

Dancerjim
white Stallion 765
Ct.

Sure, I was President of Slowriders RC, Now retired

attachment.php

I like your attitude :Dorag: . Rick

I realize this thread is 7 years old but I'm very interested in what everyone's opinion is in the present. I've been a GWRRA member in upstate NY for 20 years. When I joined we had only 2 trikes in our area. Now a lot of the same people I rode with back then are like me 60 plus. We now have more trikes than bikes in our chapter with most of our members being retired, yeah I know we need some new blood. I have never felt like like we are singled out when attending other events in our area. We have always been accepted with open arms.

I was reading through this and saw the dates were old. I don't belong to a MC but I ride with a couple. One has men members only (wives ride with them but can't be members....I'm still new to all this club stuff lol) and ride Harleys. I'm best friends with one of the wives and work with her and she invited me to ride with them on runs.

I do ride in the back which is where I prefer and I'm the only trike and it's not a Harley. They have all been very kind to me and like my trike. The president said I am welcome to ride with them anytime and to come to the club house anytime.

I'm riding to Moonshine lunch run on April 8th with a different coworker and the MC she and her husband belong to and they have a variety of bikes and very welcoming. Again I'll ride in back where I feel most comfortable (besides I don't want to run over anyone slowing down for turns/curves lol).

Most tell me they don't care what brand I ride, just get out and ride and they don't care that it's a trike.

​I bought a Tglide when I started having trouble with my balance cause Ma and I weren't ready to give up riding and I didn't care who didn't like trikes. Besides, I'd been ridin bikes longer than most of them so called 'bikers' had been walkin this earth. As far as Hog goes I got a membership with my first HD purchase but quickly realized if you didn't have enough chrome and just the right clothes and belong to the right clique you weren't a real Hog member and I couldn't drop out of that lite-weight association quick enough. But the rest of the people I met along the way were down to earth and knew what real camaraderie was about and never passed a stopped rider. The lite-weights in Hog never stopped to help a stopped rider. Other Hog chapters may be different, but Cincinnati chapter that I belonged to wasn't the best in those days.

Some of you mentioned riding with PGR. I'd been meaning to do that and when I got to my first mission thought I was back with my squad from 'Nam. These guys couldn't have been more accepting and helpful. One guy gave me a first timers pin for my jacket that I'm supposed to build on with future missions and I surely will do that. Jacksonville, Florida is a great chapter!

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back