Triker Ladies?

Hi,
I ride a 2006 Goldwing GL1800 with Motor Trike conversion. I have no trouble at all steering. I did invest in the easy-steer option last winter and it really makes a difference. You will be happy with either of the trikes you are looking at. Ride them both before making up your mind. It is a really personal thing, IMHO. I love my trike! Would not trade it for anything. I admire you for your pedaling across the US. And welcome to the board! Love having you here......

I have been a bicycling missionary and have pedaled across America 14 times and logged in over 250,000 on a beautiful titanuium, 27-spped two-wheel bicycle. I've been the motor!!!!
Hey, welcome aboard, Wheel Lady!

I can't give you any advice on those two trike models, but I wanted to say that I am a cyclist, too. Though I've never ridden across country on my bicycle and I'm nothing like a missionary, I have done a couple of week-long bike tours, and I still average about 50 miles a week with me as the motor! I think it's helping me to stay young.

Good luck with making your decision!

Hi Wheellady! And a big welcome to the TrikeTalk forum. You will find it a good group to be part of. As far as the two trikes you mention, I think both of them are probably excellent options. With that said, the most important thing on a trip is your comfort. That doesn't mean only things like the seat (very important!), but equally things like the position of your feet and your hands on the handlebars. Because I am small I ultimately had to have "risers" to bring my handlebars a bit closer to me. Without them I quickly found my back and shoulders aching. So sit several times on both models, and if you can, drive them both and see which one feels best. It will make a huge difference on a long trip if you and the trike "fit" each other. Let us know what you decide :).

I'm hoping for Americade in June - first week, I think - but I'll be home the rest of the month! :) Well, when I'm not at work anyway. ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back