To Trade or Not to Trade

Harleys DON'T need to be traded every 3 years. I had my '72 until I traded for my '92. The '92 went away in '03, which was traded for an '08. That is when I went from stripped down speedster to a dresser. The E-Glide went away in '11 for the trike because I got old and feeble. The first 3 bikes all had over 100K miles. The '03 and '08 were pushing 80K. As I got older, I my thoughts were for comfort, not speed anymore. I've traded cars every 3 years for as long as I can remember. Ash trays got full.

Why get rid of it if you like it? (this goes for everone with an older ride, no matter what brand) My 2 wheeler is a 1990 FLHS that runs great, the 80c.i. is a better on gas than the current bigger engine offerings, it doesn't need those little plastic wings under the seat because of the Twinkie heat issues, and best of all, it's been paid for for years. Ran without a speedo for almost 6 years, so not sure of the exact milage, but as far as I can tell, at just over 90,000 miles I had the Evo sent in for the remanufacturing program. Keep the up on the maintenance, get it painted if you really like a different color scheme an ride the wheels of the thing. And enjoy that Silverado. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back