Thoughts On My 2012 Gl1800 Hannigan

I guess I shouldn't call it a slam, its that Goldwing issue when you hit quick sharp bumps. The 05 I've ridden plus the rental 12 and mine all have done it. Mine has done it from day one before I installed the brace and it was 2 wheels. I believe the anti dive is working as it should because the front end gets stiffer when the front brake is applied. I did take great pains to make sure the brace has been installed properly, I followed their instructions to a tee.

I'm kind of Jonesing for a Traxxion AK-20 cartridge setup in the front forks and my friend who has done a bunch or them is just the guy to make it ride and handle even sweeter. He's going to be doing the AK-20 to my dads 09 Triglide this winter so next summer I'll see how it works with that. After reading some articles and checking around I'm very impressed with Traxxion products, their machine shop is clean enough you can eat off the floors.

Put the AK-20's on my 02 1800 (it's still a 2-wheeler) and they are nice. Would be interested to see how they work on a trike.

Put the AK-20's on my 02 1800 (it's still a 2-wheeler) and they are nice. Would be interested to see how they work on a trike.

Unless something changes my mind between now and next winter I'll be finding out. The shop my friend works for has done a lot of trikes, especially Goldwing. I guess they get quite busy during Americade doing suspension work.

So... how was the ride to Warren? Did your dad get to ride it? If so, what did he think? Did you get him converted?

Later, George.

So... how was the ride to Warren? Did your dad get to ride it? If so, what did he think? Did you get him converted?

Later, George.

The ride was great, it got to 70 degrees in Warren. My dad didn't want to try riding it while away from home, don't blame him since everything is different. One of the first things that screwed me up when I road a Wing for the 1st time was the tiny rear brake peddle, had a heck of a time getting my big foot on it. I installed a larger peddle pad so I can get at it easier. The switches are in different places. Sometime when we have some good weather and I'm not working I'll get him to ride it around home.

Nice ride! Enjoy your new toy. We have about 11,000 on ours and we love it.

Thanks, I've been enjoying it immensely. The wife is real happy with the ride, she also enjoys the fact she can hear the radio at 80 mph. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on it next year between a few trips I'm planning and my dad and I are planning.

I have a Gen 1 Hannigan and I think the anti-dive was disabled by the conversion.

Hannigan doesn't disable the anti-dive, now if your installer disabled it they did so of their own accord. On my GEN2 I had Hannigan do the install and they did install Progressive heavy springs, which don't disable the anti-dive.

I personally think the wale tail and the color are most of the reasons for the double takes. Be u tea full!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back