Things people say!!!

The Wolf

TOI - Scotland
Mar 15, 2008
Livingston Scotland
When I was young my parents would say the daftest things, especially if you were doing something you shouldn't.
For instance: They would hold up a hand and say "Do you want it" of course I dont want a slap...would you!!
or this saying standing in a pub when a bit of eye candy comes in.."Don't look now but see that girl behind you" How can I see.....:p
Do you know anymore daft sayings????::D

I'm not sure whether this counts, but I remember my mom always saying the same thing when my brother and I were doing the kinds of things kids do (climbing trees, swinging on branches, rolling down grassy hills): "You'll break your neck!"

For years, I thought that was the only injury there was. :D

When the kids were too near the fire, the stove, anything sharp, or too near the busy road, my mother-in-law always said: "Let 'em try it.... they'll only do it once!"

My daughter had Twins. Look exactly alike in a stroller built for two and obviously the same size......Are they twins?
LOL, IHP! My brother and I are twins, and I can't even tell you how many times people find out I've got a twin brother and ask, "Are you identical?"

Talk about daft! :groan:

Riding in the back seat of the car and Mom turns and says " don't make me come back there " or " Don't make us turn this car around." and the best one is "eat that food there are kids starving in China," to which I replied " then send it to them " If I had a nickel for every time I heard that HA HA why not a dime or a quarter:D

Last edited: