Temp Ride

DblTrbl

Gold Member
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
So tired of waiting to get my finished trike that I made a purchase today to get me by......now, need to get it from VA to NH...

Attachments

• vstar 1100.jpg
    vstar 1100.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 306
Fly down, ride back? Probably cheaper than having it shipped.

I'm leaning in that direction however, I need him to send me title and bill of sale so I can get temp plate so I can ride it....his reg is expired.

trust me, I would rather ride it....I hate seeing any bike on a trailer or in a truck being transported....it's just so wrong on every level!

I'm leaning in that direction however, I need him to send me title and bill of sale so I can get temp plate so I can ride it....his reg is expired.

trust me, I would rather ride it....I hate seeing any bike on a trailer or in a truck being transported....it's just so wrong on every level!

That, and if something goes wrong, at least you're the one that done it.

Do you plan on unloading this one when your trike is released from its hostage situation?

Dennis, all you need is the VIN written on a bill of sale, along with your DL & $10, to get a 20 day temp plate here, (Dover Pt.). No town hall trip required, all done at DMV.
I brought my current daily driver back from VT last year that way...
I would confirm he has the title in hand before I made the trip though.

P.S. it is a nice looking ride by the wayThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

That, and if something goes wrong, at least you're the one that done it.

Do you plan on unloading this one when your trike is released from its hostage situation?

Yes I will be selling this one...UNLESS I really get attached to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dennis, all you need is the VIN written on a bill of sale, along with your DL & $10, to get a 20 day temp plate here, (Dover Pt.). No town hall trip required, all done at DMV.
I brought my current daily driver back from VT last year that way...
I would confirm he has the title in hand before I made the trip though.

P.S. it is a nice looking ride by the wayThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Thanks Pete and yes it caught my eye and I just had to have it...LOL

Now that you mention it, that's what I did when I bought my Venture in FL. I flew down and rode back.

Bids are coming in high for shipping. I can find a reasonable flight but then I either have 60 or 70 miles to get to this guys house depending on which airport I fly into.

I just rented a motorcycle trailer from U-Haul for $15/day. I'm leaving tonight and will be at his house 7am in the morning if I have no issues on the trip down. I will turn right around and be back tomorrow night. All for just gas and trailer rental.

Should be able to register it on Friday morning and be on out riding for the weekend!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

SweetThumbUp
If you're out & about on it this weekend stop by my shop, I'd like to see it...

Pete, down and back in 24 hrs. I'm getting too old for that kind of trip. LOL

Got it registered and went to take it for inspection. He had the idle set really high and it would really rev when I stopped.

Took it to the shop and told them to do a full service and check the carbs.....hopefully will get it back this week.

Next week I'm working 12 hour shifts so only chance for a ride will be Sat or Sun next weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

After being on this 2 wheels for only a few hundred yards I was wishing I had my trike.......

I think I'm a bigger fan of 3 wheels then I am of 2.

We do tend to get spoiled riding on 3, then going back to 2.
A good example is if one has been off 2 wheels for awhile, you basically have to relearn the safe riding techniques learned when riding on 2. Like cornering with unexpected sand on the pavement, rain riding, etc.
Not to mention the "I didn't see the motorcyclist" cager complaint after an accident...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back