Spam

trike lady

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 26, 2008
Lovington, NM, U.S.A.
No not the kind generated by nit-wits but oven roasted turkey Spam :Turkey:with 25% sodium unlike turkey bacon at 34%. I try to keep my sodium intake low and for me it was a great find. I'll slice a couple of pieces off and fry it up in the pan along with an egg. :clapping: I use butter also for cooking and olive oil.

You may want to give it a try if you want to reduce your sodium intake. :)

Being single, I eat out a lot and what is cooked into my food is what I get. I do not put salt on anything.

As far as the Spam, I grew up poor and we ate a lot of it with scrambled eggs fried in it. When I went into the Army, I got corn beef hash! Yuck! When I got out on my own (and married) I said there were rules to be set….. no bologna, no Spam, there would be only Heinz ketchup, and there would be only Miracle Whip mayonnaise in my house! Other than those items, I was good. I can’t say what her rules were for me! LOL

No not the kind generated by nit-wits but oven roasted turkey Spam :Turkey:with 25% sodium unlike turkey bacon at 34%. I try to keep my sodium intake low and for me it was a great find. I'll slice a couple of pieces off and fry it up in the pan along with an egg. :clapping: I use butter also for cooking and olive oil.

You may want to give it a try if you want to reduce your sodium intake. :)

29_dinner.jpg

SPAM Kabobs.jpg

daily_oct31_05_spam.jpg

spam_.jpg

I bought four cans of Spam in April.....I just like the way the can's look sitting on my shelf..Maybe i'll bring them up to my camp and feed it to the Gavone's......:D..

I bought four cans of Spam in April.....I just like the way the can's look sitting on my shelf..Maybe i'll bring them up to my camp and feed it to the Gavone's......:D..

[FONT=&quot]gavone[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Typical candidate: Italian-American Male. Age 25-45. 200+ lbs. Most definitely from Staten Island, Brooklyn or Jersey. Typically frequents restaurants that are either all you can eat, have buffets or serve large portions." Urban dictionary.[/FONT]

LadyonaMission and Paws will conquer. At one time we had several of the best all you can eat cafeterias anywhere. The food abusers are what drove them out of business. Going back for seconds and thirds. Leaving plates piled with uneaten food on the table. :mad: Wyatts was one of them.

In OC Marilyn, Phillips seafood all you can eat buffet was $15.00 per. Now it’s $30.00 per.

The gavones would get a tray of crabs and eat only the claws and throw out the bodies. :gah:

We lost several killer Chinese restaurants because of that b s. One converted to carry out or single serve dine in. The other just closed. Ditto several Mexican restaurants that were all you could eat did the same. What's that old saying, Eat all you want. But eat all you take !

The local Chinese restaurant is closed in Lovington and now there are stray cats :kitty: everywhere. I have 8 cans of Spam and over 64 cans of tuna. Plus long term survival food in pails, 10 cans and pouches.

We eat Spam often in our household, I too grew up rather poor when I was younger so I ate lots of venison, squirrel, rabbit ect. So absolutely NO wild game in this house.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back