should you trust the news on TV

Aug 30, 2012
Brisbane Australia
about a month ago one of our biggest tv networks ran a news item about gangs being out of control, and the new laws bought in to control them. the item showed some video of a bikie gang fight at night time, so it was hard to see what was happening, then went on to say the gold coast people fear the bikies will return to rule the streets again... BUT... while they were saying that. they showed a piece of clear daytime video of me riding my trike. i am clearly identifiable because im wearing an open face helmet and i own 1 of only 3 black harley trikes in the state... the item then went on to show meth amphetamines and syringes and say about the drug s etc the gangs make and sell...the film of me was shot in a different city about a year before. and is nothing to do with any gang stuff whatsoever..

i have never been involved in any criminal activity let alone gangs..

i have taken legal action against the network and they have till the end of this week to respond...

seems they think its ok to just use any footage and tar anyones reputation ...

the sad thing is that **** sticks.

Irresponsible media has caused more confusion and distrust around the world then most folks imagine. I love to hop around to different networks during election time and marvel at the way they slant their OPINION of this or that candidate. It such a JOKE !!! :xszpv::xszpv:

Jeff, I hope you get true justice!! :pepper: :pepper:

There is a well known cabal of media elites who teleconference every day to decide how they will present the news. Have you ever noticed, or wondered why, you can switch from channel to channel and the news stories are virtually identical?

Watch print media also. Opinion pieces in different regions of the country will have very similar stories without fail.

The system is rigged; most often inaccurate; and definitely biased in how they present the "news".

What !.... You just figured is out... Thats why i don't watch or listen to newscasters...
The news comes on , I turn the channel to Reruns of Married with Children....:D

about a month ago one of our biggest tv networks ran a news item about gangs being out of control, and the new laws bought in to control them. the iten showed some video of a bikie gang fight at night time, so it was hard to see what was happening, then went on to say the gold coast people fear the bikies will return to rule the streets again... BUT... while they were saying that. they showed a piece of clear daytime video of me riding my trike. i am clearly identifiable because im wearing an open face helmet and i own 1 of only 3 black harley trikes in the state... the item then went on to show meth amphetamines and syringes and say about the drug s etc the gangs make and sell...the film of me was shot in a different city about a year before. and is nothing to do with any gang stuff whatsoever..

i have never been involved in any criminal activity let alone gangs..

i have taken legal action against the network and they have till the end of this week to respond...

seems they think its ok to just use any footage and tar anyones reputation ...

the sad thing is that **** sticks.

Take them to the cleaners. Everyone else would. You can point to the fact I don't trust trikers as a result of seeing that.

Although I stopped watching media news years ago because of their lying ways of "reporting?"

I expect the worse and get what I expect

I expect the TV News Media to make up what they don't know to raise their viewership, to inform you of what you are already aware of and to not tell you the truth no matter how ridiculous it makes them sound.

"It's cold outside, don't forget your winter jackets."

I hope you have a copy of that "news" piece. I'd attempt to have them do a retraction on the piece, specifically pointing out that YOU or your ride is in no way affiliated.

Sadly, it looks as if the news, on your side of the world, is as our's is. Strictly a business venture for the station/network, and the more outrageous a story, or furthering their viewpoint, the better for ratings.

Nothing will change until they are called on it. Good luck oneup!

Recently there was a report that 7 newspapers in NJ were calling for Christie to resign as NJ Gov. The didn't tell you that all 7 newspapers were owned by the same organization... DUH :Shrug:

WOW, I didn't realize trikers were so dangerous!!! Maybe I should rethink joining them in Maggie Valley????

Seriously, Wishing you well with taking them on to correct this issue.

The problem today is the so called reporters fabricate the news instead of "reporting" the facts. IT's all about ratings and awards!! I don't understand the lack of integrity in the society today. People will do anything for advancement without an ounce of guilt.

Sometimes I think that I'm actually blessed to be on the downhill side of life and will not have to live my entire life with a bunch of whiny ass, you owe me everything for free and I shouldn't have to work to get it bitches.......

I'm 59 and I work an average of 63 hours a week and don't bitch about it. I pay my bills and do not look for a handout. Also, I make every attempt to take and show pride in what I do. Folks today demand $15/hour to serve McDonalds and can't even show up on time for work or get your order correct..........

Whoops, Sorry for going off subject.........

Good luck and keep us informed!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back