Scary

Scary how time flies.

But you all know this.

Looking through my picture files, looking for random photos that y'all might enjoy, that might brighten your moment. Running through the photos and suddenly things that seemed as fresh as yesterday or last year are 20-40 years past.

During my 31+ years with the state police, I used up 15 or 16 cars. Each car I spent sometimes whole shifts in I stayed on the road, the cars ranged from my first '78 Plymouth Gran Fury to my last one, a 2006 Ford Crown Vic. Each had it's own personality, it's my memories and recalling the car that so help me nearly date events, other events are just so etched I'll never forget dates. some things I can only date within a few years span, others I can say exactly when.

But in my personal vehicles, I've gotten in the habit of keeping them longer, like our '01 Mercury Grand Marquis, we bought it in 2001, it has 92,000 miles on it, looks new still, it's had mods to improve suspension and transmission action, it's a super comfortable car, but as much as I like it, it's danged near 20 years old … but it's a keeper. If I had had a 1951 Mercury in 1970, it would have felt ancient.

Our trike is a '97, triked in '98, we bought it in 2004 … 16 very short years ago. It seems as if it takes me longer to look at the pictures from rides than the actual rides took.

I have a '77 F-150 4x4 I bought in 1986, I should, no, make that "need" to sell it, but it's like family. I don't need it, I have a '07 too.

I did buy the "Wife Unit" a 2019 Subaru Forester Sport 1 year ago yesterday, has just over 3,000 miles now. I told her next one was gonna be a 2040 model. :laugh: Yeah, I laugh, but who knows? ;)

I was looking at pictures from western road trips, Rt 66, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Kingman, etc …. seem like yesterday, there's the Merc … those trips were in 2005, 2006, & 2008. Many others nearer & shorter.

Time goes on.

When I was younger, a year or three seemed eternal, now …. blink, it's gone. Scary, not to rehash but in 2016 I started another trip, not a fun trip, filled with questions, this year looking good, 2017 & '18 were rough, 2019 better, but here I am looking back and as much as has gone by, I'm left wondering where did the time go?

It's odd, but I'm almost afraid I might blink and be looking back at the year of 2020 from 2025 maybe too soon. I'll have to remember to get my driver's license renewed in 2025.

Maybe I should just go to bed now? :xzqxz:

Way to much Coffee late in the day but I can relate. My truck is a 2002, Nitro is a 2008, Trike is a 2009 and Bride's ride 2017 Challenger R/T. I just can't sell good vehicle's. Of course bride needed a new ride LOL. Stay safe, stay home stay healthy Fred/Jeanne

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back