Researcher and future triker in Texas

Mar 22, 2020
Houston
I have wanted a bike for a long time but never made the jump. Getting older with kids leaving school and home, and coming into a small settlement, it’s time. But now older, DW, aka My Queen, will only allow a trike. I landed here from both Google and from other trike owners for information. Feel like this is a major purchase (it is) and I want to be somewhat knowledgeable in choosing my first bike/trike ever.

What I have come to learn is this: RIDE IT. If you like it, buy it. If you are uncomfortable, PASS. Too many choices, options, kits, tire pressures, preferences, and other variances to say what is “best.” Truly appreciate this forum and one other for a wealth of Wing and trike info. Hopefully, if the ride goes well this weekend, I’ll post pics of my baby next week.

in the meantime, keep the rubber on the road.

I have wanted a bike for a long time but never made the jump. Getting older with kids leaving school and home, and coming into a small settlement, it’s time. But now older, DW, aka My Queen, will only allow a trike. I landed here from both Google and from other trike owners for information. Feel like this is a major purchase (it is) and I want to be somewhat knowledgeable in choosing my first bike/trike ever.

What I have come to learn is this: RIDE IT. If you like it, buy it. If you are uncomfortable, PASS. Too many choices, options, kits, tire pressures, preferences, and other variances to say what is “best.” Truly appreciate this forum and one other for a wealth of Wing and trike info. Hopefully, if the ride goes well this weekend, I’ll post pics of my baby next week.

in the meantime, keep the rubber on the road.

good luck with ur search and welcome to this forum. A lot of info here to take in. I recently made the switch to three wheels, and purchased a 2020 TriGlide. My research kept taking me back to HD because they are made from the factory as a trike by HD. Others that is not an issue. Also I did not want to loose that look and sound of a 2 wheeled HD. All personal preference. I love my TriGlide. Be Safe BK

Good hunting

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania stop by often and check in with us. Keep us posted on the New ride regardless of who made it. They are all so much better than sitting on the couch. Travel safe Fred

:welcome:to Trike Talk

Let me thank you for the Kudos for checking this great Forum. I think you will like it here

Good Luck with your searches;)

Welcome and good luck. Texan here (over 51 years in Texas) transplanted now in Florida. Bought our first motorcycle (2016 HD Tri Glide) here in Florida 5 years ago and have literally ridden it across almost half the country. Hit 50,000 miles last month, traded in for a new 2021 Tri Glide. Don't stop riding!

Welcome from southeastern Arizona. There are lot of various choices out there for trikes. I have a VW trike that I rode for years all over the southwest, averaging 2K a year. Loved having to tinkering with it all of the time, and the wife loved the custom ride (not sure you can tag a home built trike in Texas). Since it is just me now I enjoy the factory warranty and reliability (sometimes) of factory built trike. Average over 10K on the Tri Glide. There are also great kit built trikes out there, like CSC, Roadsmith, etc.

Enjoy your choice and just ride.

Ed V

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back