Pictures of Freewheeler with Accessories installed

Everything I installed is specifically for the Freewheeler except the rider's backrest. It is a standard touring backrest and it worked on the stock seat. I have replaced the stock seat with the Freewheeler specific Sundowner seat and the back rest fits fine. The Sundowner seat is OK and will work until there are some good aftermarket seats available like Mustang or Ultimate.

From what the dealer told me there is no Freewheeler specific rider's backrest yet and there is none listed in the 2015 parts catalog.

Sunman

Thanks!

Springman

Sorry, they are Linby Custom Multi-bars I had on my '08 Ultra. Took off the lowers in the summer and replaced them with these bars. When I sold the '08 and bought the '09 Tri-Glide I did the same thing. Traded the '09 Tri in for the '15 freewheeler. Got to looking and they fit it too. I did the same thing with wife's trikes until she bought the '14. Can't take the lowers off it, coolant is in there.

The windshield on my Free is a modified windshield from wife's '08 Deluxe. She didn't like it, so it hung from the rafters in our garage for 6 years. I had to machine the slots in the brackets, and cut the windshield down 4 inches, but looks good on the scoot.

I had planned adding a link from the HD site but the site is down for now.
It has been very slow lately, maybe they are going to fix it.
They have a back rest mount for the free. It is the adjustable one that can be adjusted on the fly.
costly though. You can get the back rest that fits it.
The site only shows one.

here is the link
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/adjustable-rider-backrest-mounting-kit-pa-01-5409910--1

Your enhancements really add to the trike. I like it.

I hate to be a pest, but do you happen to know the model number? They list a ton of different ones for Harley, and none of them specifically list the FLRT.

There isn't a bar for the FLRT, they were ordered for a 2008 Electra Glide Standard. They fit my '09 Tri-Glide and the 2015 Freewheeler. As I recall (it has been a year or 7, but I think I had to "re-engineer" the top bolt to fit he trikes. A tad bending the angle of the bracket and use a slightly longer bolt to accomodate the steering damper.

Let me start by saying nice work on the Free Wheeler! Then let me say that the best thing I ever bought for the comfort of my wife was a backrest by Tourest out of Milwaukee. I HATED the look, and when she wasn't on the bike it went back to a one up ride. That said, she loved it, could ride forever with it and therefore, I loved it. Before and after pics...

Now on the Tri-Glide...sure do miss that Softail tho...Note that the Backrest does not come with the Tourpak

Attachments

• Fishtails (1).jpg
    Fishtails (1).jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Tourest.JPG
    Tourest.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 266
My wife loves the Tourest backrest I put on the FW. She says it really improved the comfort. It is ugly though (IMO) and when she isn't riding it is off.

Nice looking Softail!

Sunman

Windshield

Originally the dealer loaned me a Road King tall windshield because all they had in stock for the Freewheeler was a 16" that was way to short for me during the test ride. The Road King shield worked but the Freewheeler specific fits much tighter around the headlight housing and hopefully cuts out some of the wind. Will find out tomorrow if the rain stops.

Harley did not do a good job of getting the accessories lined up before bring out the Freewheeler.

Sunman
Are there any other windshields that will work on the Freewheeler? How tall are you? I'm 5'11" and thinking I need the 20" one. Your bike looks great

Are there any other windshields that will work on the Freewheeler? How tall are you? I'm 5'11" and thinking I need the 20" one. Your bike looks great

I am 6' 1". Other posts that I have seen say a windshield for a Harley Heritage will fit but I haven't checked it out. With the 20" shield I was looking over the top about 2 - 3 inches and getting wind buffeting so I bought a Laminar Lip extension for the windshield. It did the job...no more buffeting. When more mfg. add windshields for the FW I may change it out but right now I am happy. Check it out at laminarlip.com; 714-540-8006. I ordered the one for a Road King.

Sunman

I am 6' 1". Other posts that I have seen say a windshield for a Harley Heritage will fit but I haven't checked it out. With the 20" shield I was looking over the top about 2 - 3 inches and getting wind buffeting so I bought a Laminar Lip extension for the windshield. It did the job...no more buffeting. When more mfg. add windshields for the FW I may change it out but right now I am happy. Check it out at laminarlip.com; 714-540-8006. I ordered the one for a Road King.

Sunman

Guy on Harley Forum just told me he swapped his RK shield to wifes FW. Said it fit great. Thanks for your help

NO, the mounting brackets for the Softail have the mounting holes drilled in a different place, they are a couple of inches too close. The windshield I have in my Free was the one that came on wife's '09 Deluxe. It is drilled the same as a 'FX' softail. I know for sure they won't fit, tried neighbors, no go.

These are the crash bars I installed. Lower on top with rubber inserts for use as Highway Pegs.

Hello all! I installed the Lindby Magnumbars on my FW myself. I little tough to get on, but have patience and remove a few items and you'll be happy with the results.

FW1.pngFW2.pngFW3.png

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back