PGM-FI warning light

Tony8

60+ Posts
Nov 29, 2017
Avon,Ohio USA
After washing (not every time) my 2016 gl1800 trike, the first time I ride it the PGM-FI light will come on. The next stop sign or light I’ll turn bike off and restart it. Then the warning light goes away. The bike functions and rides fine when light is on. Is there an issue that I should be concerned about?

After washing (not every time) my 2016 gl1800 trike, the first time I ride it the PGM-FI light will come on. The next stop sign or light I’ll turn bike off and restart it. Then the warning light goes away. The bike functions and rides fine when light is on. Is there an issue that I should be concerned about?

The obvious issue is something electroic is getting wet....How or with what are you washing the trike...:Shrug:...

Using a garden hose with nozzle set in shower. Not a hard stream it water. Doesn’t happen every wash. Just wish I knew what I’m getting “too wet”. Also just want to make sure there is not a major issue.

Tony, look here. It may be good to know what caused the light to come on;)

The FI is the Fault Indicator light

The next time it comes on, pull the bike over and leave it running. Put it in neutral and then put the side stand down.

This will cause it to emit the code to the FI light again. Count the long/short pulses - they will indicate the fault code. Long pulses = 10, short pulses = 1, so long, long, short, short, short = 23.

You can Google GL1800 fault codes and find out what each one means.

Good luck!

Does putting side stand down somehow reset something? If so, mine is a trike, is there another way to accomplish this task?

I used to get that on my 08 champion kit once in awhile. Pulled the seat, pulled all the connectors apart one at a time and put dielectric grease in them, never happened again after washing. One of the connectors near the back of the seat had some dampness in it, can't remember which one. Dried it with a hair drier before doing the dielectric grease.

Will check the connections for moisture next time I wash bike. Or I’ll just put some dielectric grease on them for extra protection.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back