Not really new but recent restarter

Oct 19, 2017
Lexington, KY,40517
Have been a member a while but not been on in a while. 06 Yamaha midnight star 1700 with formerly champion kit.

long story short wrecked it almost 3 years ago and since I liked it so bought it back and took it to repeatable bike shop. Move foreword from nov-feb when kit arrived, work “began”.

over the next year with exception of a few times progress was slow due to modifications changing Harley kit to fit Yamaha.

was told it was ready and picked it up. Got 3 blocks and rear brakes locked up. In about 10 minutes it loosened and I went back. We went on and on discovering a couple other issues and we tried again. I got further but again it locked up. Shop owner said he rode it with no problem.

again returned. Changed master cylinder, bled again and again no good. Rebuilt master cyl rebuilt calipers and same issue. Changed brake lines, again tested master and rechecked calipers.

finally got tired of spending time on it and told me they were writing it off and me to come get it.

knowing it had rear brake issues used only fronts getting home.

my brake post carries on from there.

Needless to say the shop is not high on my recommendation list.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back