:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Rich
:wave4:Welcome to the group.

Try before I buy - hard to turn?

Brand new to the forum, (Hi everyone!) and looking at buying my first trike. Have had a motorcycle and a scooter in the past, but the test drive this morning leaves me in a quandry...

I've NEVER had such a hard time driving a vehicle (and I'm a "prefers stick shift to automatic" gal from WAY back).

It's a Burgman 650 with a trike kit... what I always thought was a dream machine for me. My SO has the 1800 Goldwing for long trips and I just wanted something for around town that *could* got out on the road if desired.

I expected a fun ride. Instead, my test drive was like a wrestling match with the steering. I'm no weakling, and it took all I could muster to make turns once it was above about 25 mph.

I've never driven a 3 wheeler before -- only 2 and 4 wheelers -- but it seemed terribly, overly difficult to make turns. It seems to turn fine when under 15 MPG, but with any speed it becomes pretty scary.

Is this just a "you will get used to it" situation and common to trike riders, or is this a problem with the used bike I'm considering buying?

Angela.....Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:wave4:....Ive never driven a Bergman. That said if you as you say driven a 4 wheeler ATV ?....Then you should not have a problem with any of the other trikes...IE; Harley, Can Am or Gold-wing conversions..:Shrug:...

But like i said i don't know a thing about a Bergman..

Angela.... I would walk away from that one real fast.

If it doesn't feel good now you don't want to waste time and money on it - fighting it - trying to make it feel good. Try something else... there are plenty of them out there.

And...

Welcome to TrikeTalk!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back