New Triker

Dec 16, 2010
GA
I am now officially a Gold Wing Owner and a Triker - and I love it.

A little history - I have two Harleys - a 2002 Lowrider and a 2006 Heritage classic. I love them both and rode about 10K last year, but my wife won't ride on a two wheeler - and it’s not just my riding!

So we were in an H-D dealership just before Christmas and she goes over to a Triglide and says - Now if you had one of these, I'd ride with you. So…

I did my research and decided a two cylinder air-cooled engine was not the optimum package, and decided to buy a wing. And so it goes.

Bought my 2008 ABS two weeks ago with 850 miles on it. Last Saturday drove it to my installer to have a Hannigan kit installed - Coach Rice Trikes in Loganville, GA - 65 miles in intermittent slush and ice (almost lost it on the last turn with slush and ice buildup and hurrying too much because of some a** h*** on my butt).

Picked it up yesterday and it is beautiful - with just less than 1000 miles. The attached photos are before, in-progress and after. Can't say enough good about Jack Rice and his crew - professional, full of information and they treat you and your trike better than some people treat their kids.

Thanks to all who have posted valuable experience and information on this site and other Wing and Trike sites - invaluable in my decision making.

I would not have found the wing or not have learned so much about wings and installers if it was not for the vast amount of information I received. And a couple of PM's that were invaluable.

I'm a member of the HD forum and I look forward to greater participation on this forum.

Hooker 6,

Welcome to the world of triking and to TrikeTalk. As you found out, there's a wealth of knowledge our members can share with you. Nice folks, one and all, for sure! Be sure to edit your profile, now that you're a triker! :woohoo:

Daydreamer

Great looking ride! You will be so happy with your choice and will love having your wife with you.

Good photos, but I hate the "during" pics. Like watching someone you love have surgery.

Welcome to the board,, that is a great looking trike.. I know your wife will be happy sitting up on the throne riding with you... You never know she might take it away from you... we have several women riders on here...

Keep us posted on how things are going... you might want to look at going to Maggie Valley in June to the Trike Talk Rally.. could meet alot of really nice people and enjoy some rides with other trikers...thanks for the pictures....

Ride safe and enjoy

:wave4: Welcome to Trike Talk and congratulations on your new ride! You will find in time that the other 2 bikes will sit more than they get ridden. I know. Been there, done that. Wife likes the trike much better than the 2 wheeler, and if you want the truth, so do I!

Ride west in April (14-17) to Kerrville, Texas for the Texas Trike Rally and north in June (23-26) to Maggie Valley, NC for the Trike Talk Rally in the Valley. We go to both and have a great time.<br />
Tomg

Hey, Hooker 6! We have the 2008 GW1800 with a California SideCar kit, and it looks similar to yours, but black with multi pin striping! (See pix on my profile) We bought it in Sep 09 , and have put almost 20K miles on it since then. What fun we've had, going places and doing things we could never have done on two wheels! Hope you enjoy yours just as much. Welcome to the one forum where folks have good answers to your questions and are willing to help out! Best wishes from Texas!

Now comes the expense part,goodes.
First thing baker air wings and mirror wings,second if it does not have one a c.b.
ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp
First for me was Transformer Boards for my wife, then heal and toe with boards, and then highway boards. Did them yesterday. Wish I had some Kuryakyn stock!!

What a beauty. Love white bikes /Trikes. In 3 weeks you will be saying Y did i wait so long. Give yourself time to learn to ride. I know you think you know enough now , but in 500 miles you will realize what you thought you knew was not enough. There is a learning curve. some take to it faster than others .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back