New Tri Glide Owner

Hogdoc, in the tight curves, I (and my passenger) will lean our upperbody into the curve. For me, I get better push/pull leverage and we don't get that "slide to the outside" or "inside tire lift" feeling. When solo, I find I can take most curves at 10 to 15 mph faster than posted.
You will get used to it with more miles ridden.
Ride safe & enjoy!

I think we have all been through this learning curve. If you will push down on your outer foot while gripping the tank with your inner knee you will lose the sensation of going over, Example turn left into curve, outer foot down inner knee hugging tank. I read this on the forum and tried it and it works.

Good Luck

Steve on 3,
I am getting use to taking curves with the trike. I get the sensation of going over the side. what are some keys to curving with the trike and what is the recommended position on the trike in curves? Also, tell me the trike won't flip over.
Thanks
I had the same sensation when I first got the trike,everybody is different it took me about 3000 miles to get comfortable with the curves,give it time and take your time don't ride out of your comfort zone.And most important of all just enjoy it.

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on your new ride. Wishing you and your wife many miles of smiles on it!

Regarding curves...lean to the inside of the turn, this will help alleviate the feeling of tipping some, it will also help keep the trike planted if you are in a turn too hot.

Just takes a bit of time to get used to the feel of them. You can collapse that time by getting in big empty parking lot and doing some turns and some figure 8's...might practice emergency stops at the same time.

It takes a lot to tip a Tri-Glide over, but it can happen. In most cases a Tri-Glide will go close to twice the posted speed of a curve before it thinks about tipping over. They have a massive Panhard rod (anti-sway bar) that helps keep the rear wheels on the ground.

Here is a video to give you a feel for how well they handle, and how stable they are.

Kevin

A friend said I was not old enough for a Trike, but I don't think about age. The wife and I thought about our future, thought about the present worth of my Road King, thought about keeping our passion for riding alive for the next many years, and found ourselves at a crossroads. Now seemed to be the right time and the pieces of the puzzle were fitting together, so we decided to pull the trigger for the future. There were some physical, financial, and psychological parts of the puzzle fitting, so we decided now was the time. Lisa loves it and it is much more comfortable and secure for her and I am loving it as well. There are aspects of slicing through the air on two wheels and leaning into curves I will miss, but overall, I am still in the wind with my baby. This setup brings a lot of peace of mind for me too. Purchased Harley Tri-Glide, Saturday, 10/08/16.

That's a darn good picture. I'm not sure I saw a Tri-Glide that color when I bought mine. Looks really really good!

I don't know why my wife and I love our Tri-Glide so much but for the rest of my life we will have one.

Brian

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back