New England TRIKE TALK 2018

Don thanks for letting us know...we did go to the Wild Turkey Tavern for lunch and it was good. I figured I would try the Alligator bites and they were not bad...my wife didn't like them but everyone else did. See you at the rally...:clapping:

What is this wire? And why did I have to Limbo just under it?

Yep, signed up for rally and made the hotel reservations. I think some of my mustache hairs got caught as I just snuck in under that darned wire. Why am I stuck on the word "Wire"? Beats the crap out of me. Must be the lack of sleep today and the Alabama heat. And, of course, the hard, hard work I did when I got down here. :qpnmt:

Thinking of heading up on Wed. to get a little more "West and Wewaxation in. He, he, he, he".

2 points to the person who gets that reference the fastest. Points are worth 1/20th of a cent (small print indeed).

Getting worried about you Bozo

glad you made it .. Now I'm wondering about Bandit.

The extension I asked for is almost up. Been 10 days since anyone has posted. I hope this is not an indication of where future TTNE rally is headed. We are going through with it as we do have a small group. I gave up my Americade rally to put more focus and attention to this rally. Please speak up. What is the reason for lack of interest this year? We though very hard and worked hard to improve the rally. Attendance keeps dwindling we will not try for one next year. This is our 9th NETT rally . Hope to hear from some more of you positive or negative

list of people attending. If your coming let us know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BuHxnL992spa3aop7wbIjg-_xx5QyhdgfnBjyC7sZ8o/htmlview

I suspect cost is a big part of it. I still work but I can imagine some on fixed income is pushing it.

Might work in a future year going to a location that has good riding and basic hotel, with no meals.

For example, every couple years I head up to Tupper Lake, NY. Middle of know where. But 30 miles from Lake Placid. Nice cheap motel. Good riding, good kayaking and good fireworks on 4th of July. I suspect maybe it's too far distance for most in this group, but I mention it to make a point.

Andrew

i see your point. But they flocked to the B&B that was only a few $$ cheaper. If you add $20 each The BBQ it is almost the same. I agree a $100 with the option of an Egg Mc muffin for breakfast and a Pizza or KFC for supper is cheaper. But it is not a real rallly if everyone goes their own ways. I hope we get a few more sign ups.i missed that at the B&B

i wish people would just come on here and say something we are thinking they are not posting or reading it ..

Sure. Stay a day or just one night. You can even sit down and eat at this banquet room for a nominal fee.

Info is on this site if you go to the. 2018 NETT rally section

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/47036-New-England-TRIKE-TALK-2018/page9

By the way the dates are Aug 23 through the 26th, that is a Thursday through Sunday, it includes a breakfast buffet Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, a 4 course dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday, after dinner cordials, open bar on either Thursday or Friday night, whichever night works out best for a welcoming party, use of facility including pools, hot tubs, pool room, and much more. Discounted rate at a 18 hole golf course I believe is available for $89.00 per person per night. The meal only plan if someone wants to camp is $12.00 for the breakfast and $30.00 for the dinner. So if you figure $42.00 per person for meals that are included in the room rate, which you would easily spend for breakfast and lunch outside the facility, even the Miky D's down the road would cost almost if not more, it's not a bad deal. It has a nice bar and lounge for after riding drinks and entertainment after dinner most nights.

go here for info also look at previous post in this section for pictures

You will have to copy and paste below info to you browser.

Willtry it again on a new post. Are you people on trikes ?

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/47036-New-England-TRIKE-TALK-2018/page6

Mal, thanks for inquiring about the rally. That area if you have never been there is great for riding. Traffic is very minimal except around the major towns and it's easy to avoid those. Most of the roads have been resurfaced so very few pot holes to deal with and the views are great from valley towns along the Hudson River to the mountain ski areas around Windham.

My wife and I have a seasonal site up that way and I try to bring the trike every now and then and we usually have a good group of people from camp to ride with. Ir you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at dveronneau@sbcglobal.net since the PM feature is not working.

Hope to meet you and your group...

Glad to have you come. Don't know if you read the deal. The place we are staying at ( if you choose to , there are other places in the area if you chose not to stay at our hoste venue ) not really a motel. Some people have the wrong idea that this is a MOTEL. This is actually a place people have weddings and banquets, class reunions etc. add that to what Doug mentioned in the previous post and we are looking at FUN . If we get enough people I'll do a prize Raffle , trophies, and we can do T shirts . Love to have your group. BTW we don't frown on 2 wheelers all welcome.

throwing in the towel

Hey everyone, as the title says I am throwing in the towel on the New England Rally, at least as Trike Talk members are concerned. The number of members who have shown an interest in a rally is very low, I know we are trying to get sign ups early but we have conditions put on the rally by the resorts owner, mainly he needs to fill his resort in the summer and if we don't as a group, he has to look elsewhere.

It's tough to judge what you as members are thinking, at this point we don't know the reason why many of you who I met at the Ct and Vt rally's are not even telling us why there is no interest, whether cost is an issue or location.

For those of you that have signed up, the rally will still go on at the designated place. The owner has asked me if we would mind if he advertised on the Long island TV channel as he is interested in hosting a motorcycle/trike event himself, whether it is Trike Talk members or another group.

I belong to another riding group New England Riders and several members do have trikes and the admin has given me permission to post on that groups Facebook page about the rally. I don't want to be the person responsible for the resorts owner losing a weekends profit and if another bike/trike group wants to join us they will be welcome.

So basically this is last call before the resort is opened to other groups so if anyone from Trike talk is interested in going, I suggest you make your reservations now. Unfortunately we have been plagued with technical issues that prevent us from contacting you directly but the information is in these posts and if you have any questions, please e-mail me at dveronneau@sbcglobal.net

I'm hoping this will turn around.

Attendance issues

Doug, something that may help answer your questions about low attendance/registration. I for one have a very limited amount to spend for "away" vacations, usually only one every few years, so I generally choose Americade for it's proximity, size, sights (more bikes to ogle & drool over), and the vendors (I can't always buy, but I can plan). Even then, I can really only afford a few days. I've enjoyed many TrikeTalk rallies over the years, both New England and Maggie Valley, and wish I could attend more, but right now it's beyond my ability to afford to do that and attend Americade.

Having coordinated a number of rallies, I know how much work and worry is involved in trying to make everyone happy, even though you know it's impossible to do, and I also know that everyone who attends appreciates all you've done. Even if the gathering didn't satisfy everything that everyone wanted, they all know that you tried to keep them all in mind when making decisions. And even though I haven't been able to attend, I know you & John tried very hard the last couple of years to put together the best weekends you could for as many people as possible. As a TrikeTalk member, I thank you both for your efforts. :)

Hi Cheri, thanks for the encouragement, I know what you mean about time off, my wife and I usually reserve a few weeks off in April to go south and then the rest of my vacation we spread out, so to take 2 days out of a week is not easy with my job. Next weekend is a good example, as long as the weather is decent we are heading up to Americade with friends for the day, I go back to work on Thursday and then we are heading to Maine to see my niece on Friday through Monday. That will probably be the extent of my vacation until later in the summer for the rally.

I guess what bothers me more is not getting any responses back. Hearing that someone can't make it due to other plans or whatever reason is better than not getting any traffic or comments about the rally. John and I are dissapointed because the last good rally where a lot of people went was in Vt., since the NH rally had to be cancelled, it seems like it lost steam and I don't think that one had a lot of sign ups either. Maybe the riders who have trikes are getting older and don't want to go far and the younger riders can't afford a trike, although we had riders with Spyders. Maybe we can combine Americade with our rally sometime so this way it's more affordable.

Wish I had an answer for you Doug. I can tell you that very few will contact you to say they aren't coming, for whatever reason. Could be the economy or just changing interests, but have you considered that part of the "problem" might be the location? I could be way off, but it seems to me that interest started dropping around the time it drifted to New York. A lot of the previous attendees came because they wanted to visit New England - NH, Maine, Vt, etc. New York is a bit further for many of them, and "local" for some of the others.

We used to try to have a breakfast/dinner gathering for TrikeTalk members at Americade, but even that was hard to coordinate, what with people coming & going at different times or signing up for events & cruises. And that was only usually 8-10 people, when we managed to do it at all.

It's a shame if this come to an end, but I don't have the time or the health to take it over again, so if you & John can't continue with it, I just want to say thanks for all you've both done. Maybe someone else will be able to step up and continue it. :)

Actually it is closer now and easier to get to for the majority of the regular attendees. The route to Catskills is easier. $ wise this is cheaper than the last few rallies. Once you pay you can leave your credit card I your pocket. You don't have to scope out area restaurants ( been there. Done that. ) have been disappointed with my choice a few times. As Doug mentioned. If you don't like something we are doing tell us. Don't just fade away. This is YOUR. Rally . We did have people ask for other locations further south. We did it up here because all the other rally's are further south.also those that are asking for the location expect Doug and I to still do it. If some one wants to try it next year let us know. This is too much work for just 10 people to attend.

John - I just ran across the group picture from a few years ago. We all had blue rally shirts on - I think maybe it was the Torrington rally. If I counted right, there were 33 people in the picture plus an unknown number who didn't make it to the picture.

It can't believe the apparent low head count so far for this year. As discussed privately, my 2 back surgeries have, so far, left me walking with a cane and/or walker. IF I did show up at the "last minute" it would be via Mini Cooper. It's like a 4 wheel "trike" with a roof. :D

I encourage anyone with doubt's about going, to attend - you won't be sorry. Best wishes to all...

Thanks , enjoy see you no mates what you come in.

Torrington was the 1st large rally 54 people. NH 1st was 58 the 2nd NH was 40

we skipped s year the next 1st Catskills was 21

Hey Warren, if you are thinking of going with the mini, it would be great to see you and Barbara. The resort has a group of rooms that are on ground level and there are paved paths leading into the main building. You can always register now and if it didn't work out, you have time to cancel.

The roads up there are perfect for trikes, bikes and minis:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back