Need advice on 2000 & 2001 Motor Trikes

Jun 4, 2024
I rode the 2001 today and was ok with the power. I rode a '99 Valkyrie over to look at it and my bike stock pulls hard. Looking at the 2000 25th anniversary on Friday. Both have Motor trike kits. The 2001 was bright yellow which means everyone would see it coming. He said rear shock pressure was at 50 and tires at 35 PSI. AT 60-70 the entire back end felt like it wallowed around. I did not like it at all. I am guessing pressure was the cause?

I rode the 2001 today and was ok with the power. I rode a '99 Valkyrie over to look at it and my bike stock pulls hard. Looking at the 2000 25th anniversary on Friday. Both have Motor trike kits. The 2001 was bright yellow which means everyone would see it coming. He said rear shock pressure was at 50 and tires at 35 PSI. AT 60-70 the entire back end felt like it wallowed around. I did not like it at all. I am guessing pressure was the cause?
welcome
yes the tire pressure is 10 to 12 lbs over, the shocks would depend on the load. I'm assuming the 2001 and 2000 you are looking at are Gold Wings? The wings weigh more than a valkyrie. And have more wind resistance.

Liked the 2000 model better than the 2001. The black looked much better than the yellow to me. Running injection cleaner and seafoam through to see if the low rpm stumble will go away. Rode it today 30 miles and back to a local strawberry festival.

Getting used to it will take several rides and is defiantly slower in turns. Rides good after I adjusted air ride and tire pressures to what others recommended in the forums. Will keep Valkyrie around for a while just in case. Look forward to reading here and learning more about 3 wheels.

IMG_0059.JPG

Liked the 2000 model better than the 2001. The black looked much better than the yellow to me. Running injection cleaner and seafoam through to see if the low rpm stumble will go away. Rode it today 30 miles and back to a local strawberry festival. Getting used to it will take several rides and is defiantly slower in turns. Rides good after I adjusted air ride and tire pressures to what others recommended in the forums. Will keep Valkyrie around for a while just in case. Look forward to reading here and learning more about 3 wheels.

View attachment 126108
I'm a Seafoam "junkie myself".......... I just purchased three more can yesterday... I put in gas tank 1oz per gallon, when ever I'm on a long trip and I know that I will be going through a tank of gas..

Ronnie
6/10/24

The Goldwing looks to be nosed down in the front, it may just be the angle. Can you take a side view picture about waist level so I can see if the front of the trike is sitting low. If your fork springs could be weak or collapsed and need replacing along with fork seals and shims and fluid, and a set of fork tube extensions would help too.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back