music & phone & intercom & upper trunk

Aug 20, 2011
Columbia, MO, USA
I ride an 01 Heritage Softail with Lehman kit....and I'm tech-dumb. So....

What's the easiest way to add music (ipod is fine), which goes to sleep when the phone rings (Samsung Galaxy) or when whoever is riding the bike next to me has something to say? And allows me to answer the phone or talk to the nearby rider without too much fuss? If it matters, I usually wear a 1/2 helmet.

And what upper trunk works with the Lehman? I need a better passenger wrap-around back rest - and who would turn down extra trunk room?

Thanks!

The wife & I use the Sena SMH10 system Sena Bluetooth

It will do all you want and then some. With the half helmet you would probably need to use noise cancelling ear buds which would require this Sena Bluetooth accessory.

Here are the ear buds we use Amazon.com: MEElectronics Sport M6 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Memory Wire (Black): Electronics

This setup works great for us.....however, we have full helmets and use the microphone that attaches just below the face shield opening. I think it would be hard to beat this system!

As for the bluetooth unit, do a lot of research before you buy, and decide what is a requirement and what is a nice-to-have. Our only requirement was a bluetooth intercom. We picked up a used pair of UCLEAR HBC200s. Yes it has bluetooth, but, no, the units will not work with our model phones. I can get a GPS that will talk to the intercom only if I shell out for one of Garmin's motorcycle models; I can use the one from the car, but can't get it to send directions via bluetooth. What works just great for someone else may not be fully functional for you and your other equipment.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back