MotoAmerica

Apr 25, 2015
Breese, IL
Has anyone attended a MotoAmerica Motorcycle Road Race at Road America in Wisconsin ? This is my first time, any advise or hints regarding attending this road race. Thanks for any response.

I'm new to trike talk so pardon me for digging up old post as this event is now long over. Although I've never been to Road America I do follow motorcycle road racing including MotoAmerica, World Super Bike & MotoGP. My interest started in 1989 when I first went to an AMA race at Mid Ohio. MotoAmerica is trying to get road racing back to where it once was in the US after the AMA turned it over to DMG. My opinion DMG failed and US racing suffered under their guidance. Former racer Wayne Rainey and a couple others with racing backgrounds are at the helm of MotoAmerica. I think they are headed in the right direction. Their goal is not only to put on a good show for the spectators but with equipment & rules to make US riders competitive in the world races like World Super Bike & MotoGP.

Did you go to the race? If so what did you think?

Bronson512

Welcome to Trike Talk from Southern Illinois.

This was my first time at a road race, my wife and I had a great time and hope to attend next year's race.

They had great access to the pits and track. About half way through the day they allowed race fans to line up their motorcycles and do a controlled ride around the track.

During the day we were able to ride from one area to another on the service roads around the track and see the race on different turns and straights.

I do not know much about the history of MotoAmerica but management did a great job putting on this race.

Larry

Motorcycle roadracing has always been fan friendly allowing access to pits and infields etc. Each one a little different than the other but all good........... that I've visited.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grimpen
Back