Missouri Eases Motorcycle Helmet Restrictions

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Gov. Mike Parson signed a bill into law that will ease helmet requirements for some motorcyclists.

HB 1963, sponsored by Rep. Travis Fitzwater, allows riders over 26 years of age with proof of health insurance to opt-out of using helmets once the law goes into effect on Aug. 28.

A lot of riders I see are taking advantage of their new found freedom.

Personally, this does not effect me as I am a " All the Gear all the Time guy"

As long as You take the Responsibility for your Actions I'm OK with that.

I figure you Protect what you think is worth protecting.

If you believe your Head is worth Protecting then

You will try to protect it as much as Possible for you.

Goes for other protection as well.

How much do you like the Looks of you face, your Skin, Hands, arms & legs, ETC...…

We all have to make choices, the Main thing is living with the Choices we make Good or Bad.

We have had a no helmet law here in PA for some time now. I respect other riders right to choose but as for me and mine we wear our helmets.

Good to see more states get their heavy hand off the rights of people. The decision to ride with or without a helmet, or any other gear should remain with the rider. We allow people to continue to smoke cigarettes, even though there has been a warning on the cigarette pack since the 50's.

Government needs to get out of it's citizens life as much as possible and it should be done regardless of lobbies.

Here's my above example explained. 16 Million people die or are living with a deadly disease caused by cigarettes in 2019. No one is trying to put tobacco companies out of business. Statistic groups in my state say 749 lives "might" have been saved by all riders wearing helmets last year. The same report also says, there is no way to tell if any of the survivors of wrecks where riders had on helmets, if the helmet played any part in their survival. Ay least it's honest.

I think any law written by any politician should be eliminated. The reason, is in the statement itself. Any law written by a politician is politically motivated. They can't help it.

Politicians are the most corrupt group of citizens in the country.

In my own state, we have a former Governor running for Congress who while Governor spent $150,000 to defend himself (from a federal aide package) against misappropriation charges. That is the definition of hutzpah. Use Federal funds for the state to defend yourself from stealing from federal funds. :Shrug:

So ... back on topic, I wear what I want to wear (within the law) when riding, just like I do while walking, driving, bathing, etc.

I have a Summer helmet a winter helmet, And a severe winter helmet, Also 7 or 8 others hanging in my garage that i outgrown over the years and one where the tin foil started to peel off...[I hate trowing stuff away]

And i do wear at least one of them at all the time, Well maybe not all the time when im not riding i don't wear it! I would look strange[r]:xzqxz:...

I wear them' Not because the state says i have to, I tried riding without one once....What was i thinking of? My face 'and head became a target for every bug and piece of gravel on the road....:(...

I'm glad to see MO finally signed it into law, been a long hard battle every year and this year was the best. I know IA has a no helmet law and we had it for one year, can't remember the year and but went on many rides protesting it. I don't wear one only when going to a state that has one and I avoid those, my choice, I don't like wearing them and I have had 2 motorcycle wrecks in my life and I'm still here, knock on wood, I was younger then and stupid I guess, more careful now since I'm old, LOL:D, let the rider decide weather to wear or not wear a helmet.

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back