Local dealer custom Freewheeler

Those rear tires have way too much height. The one I am building is 25" tire height on 18" rims. The tires on the bike posted are easily 27" height. Aspect ratio is probably 50 to 55 as opposed to the 35 I'm using. If it did have fenders they would tower over the trunk and ruin the lines.

Those rear tires have way too much height. The one I am building is 25" tire height on 18" rims. The tires on the bike posted are easily 27" height. Aspect ratio is probably 50 to 55 as opposed to the 35 I'm using. If it did have fenders they would tower over the trunk and ruin the lines.

:Agree:

Now that's nice looking. :clapping:

This was a show bike I was working on, this is an early pic. The two added pics will give you an idea of what I was going for.

Attachments

• 005_5.JPG
    005_5.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 246
  • $_35.JPG
    $_35.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 266
  • edc57e9b4813ee13c4930315f35c0715--motos-harley-davidson-electra-glide.jpg
    edc57e9b4813ee13c4930315f35c0715--motos-harley-davidson-electra-glide.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Stopped in at dealer during lunch to check on progress of my lower fairing install.

While looking around i noticed that they have fabricated the rear fenders on that custom trike from previous visit ... 20170908_133655-1.jpg

Stopped in at dealer during lunch to check on progress of my lower fairing install. They have fabricated the rear fenders on the custom trike now...

Are we going to see the completed project at Kerrville????

Hey Carla :wave4: nahhh...this is a one off that they've been working on a for about a month. I think it's a customer's money pit :laugh:

^...Not "knockin'" anyone's fab ideas, but those fenders look like something sitting on the shelf over at my local Tractor Supply!!!

In that vein, simple is 99.9% better most days...:clapping:

Hopefully once it's painted to match, it'll be a true eye~catcher!

If you can, please keep us posted on how it gets "finished", Randall.ThumbUp

^...Not "knockin'" anyone's fab ideas, but those fenders look like something sitting on the shelf over at my local Tractor Supply!!!

In that vein, simple is 99.9% better most days...:clapping:

Hopefully once it's painted to match, it'll be a true eye~catcher!

I agree with that, the metal was a thicker gauge than normal and minimal at that. At least it doesn't have the bare tires anymore :laugh: we'll see

Can you get any info on the adapters they used to go from 4 lugs to 5 lugs? This pushed the tires out a bit and required the new fenders ... I suspect???

Bob :Dorag:

I'll have to check on what adapters were used next time I'm back Bob, my regular service guy wasn't there today and it was super busy with their year end closeout.

Can you get any info on the adapters they used to go from 4 lugs to 5 lugs? This pushed the tires out a bit and required the new fenders ... I suspect???

Bob :Dorag:

Its the diameter and width of the wheel/tires that required the new fenders. You can offset the additional space required for the adapters with backspacing/offset on the new wheels. It took me awhile to find the right combo after I bought the adapters. I saved a ton of money over buying custom forged 4 on 4.25 wheels though. Like $2K difference...

Here are a couple of pictures of the work so far on my Free. Still waiting on the custom rear fender brackets to be fabricated, the front fender, V&H dresser duals, and a bunch of other little stuff. It has been a long process, but getting close to the end finally. :D

Attachments

• 20170914_142038.jpg
    20170914_142038.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 20170914_142055.jpg
    20170914_142055.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 20170914_142113.jpg
    20170914_142113.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 187

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back