limp mode ?

Apr 2, 2023
Minersville
I have a 2012 triglide with 3000 miles I inherited,I decided to do a few things to it ,14 inch KST 6 bend bars,Cobra head pipes, Dk 606 air cleaner and catch can and a power vision tuner. I get it all on and when I start it I have a check engine light and a throttle actuator control limited performance code and a twist grip position sensor correlation error code on the power vision. It starts right up and doesn't sound terrible , but I believe it is in limp mode,it has no power and throttle lag . I've checked connections and looked for bare wires ,I cant find anything obviously out of place. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks

What does your trike do when you restore your OEM tune?

it is the same ,Kevin sent a tune on the tuner I started with that and then tried a couple of different ones close to my configuration and then restored it to the stock tune nochange with any of it thanks

it is the same ,Kevin sent a tune on the tuner I started with that and then tried a couple of different ones close to my configuration and then restored it to the stock tune nochange with any of it thanks

Read the link in post #2, see if this applies

This fretting problem is real and can cause a problem like you are having

Are the twist grip sensor wires run internally? Had a friend with a 2011 RG and oem bar wiring was external. Installed new bars and ran internal fishing the TGS wires through and threw same code. There is a entirely different part number for the TGS for internal wiring. He bought that, installed and problem solved.

Are the twist grip sensor wires run internally? Had a friend with a 2011 RG and oem bar wiring was external. Installed new bars and ran internal fishing the TGS wires through and threw same code. There is a entirely different part number for the TGS for internal wiring. He bought that, installed and problem solved.

yes I did run the wires thru the bars, I will see about getting the right one thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back