Letters to the editor

Phu Cat

2250+ Posts
Oct 4, 2011
Ocala, Florida
Thank you for submitting a letter to the editor. We have a word limit of 250 words per letter, and at 340 words your piece is a bit too long for us to publish. We would be happy to print a version that is closer to our word limit.

Our local newspaper has decided to now limit letters for publication to 250 words from the former 350 words. Not to mention they 'prefer' letters about what's happening locally or nonpolitical stories. Guess they can't stand the heat regarding Biden. Is this happening in other cities?

PC

Thank you for submitting a letter to the editor. We have a word limit of 250 words per letter, and at 340 words your piece is a bit too long for us to publish. We would be happy to print a version that is closer to our word limit.

Our local newspaper has decided to now limit letters for publication to 250 words from the former 350 words. Not to mention they 'prefer' letters about what's happening locally or nonpolitical stories. Guess they can't stand the heat regarding Biden. Is this happening in other cities?

PC

It's always been that way......If they didn't agree with your opinion it went into the round filing cabinet...

​In the past, I've had a lot of letters to the editor published that were controversial that were also more than 250 words. This is something that's come about just lately.

PC

The pendulum swings further left every day 'caused by half brained politicians, but that is not news, just more bad news. By mid-term November 22 elections our country will be in shambles if Biden has his way, and it's pretty obvious he's having his way. I mention mid term elections because that is the only time we have a prayer of gaining conservative seats in the swamp. By then I fear it will be too late for any salvation.

By then I fear it will be too late for any salvation.

So do I, Bill. The libs likely feel they're riding a tidal wave of insurrection into the next election, but they are wrong. We must all be aware of their underhanded ways of controlling elections as many of their supporters have probably seen the light considering the bumbling of the Afghanistan pull out and so many other of Biden's screw-ups.

PC

Mighty MIKE

Went in for my yearly physical examination. Nurse took my blood pressure and started to ask some

questions about my health. So far OK, then it turned and she asked me if I had any guns in my house and

are they locked up. That's went my blood pressure started to go off of the Richter scale. Who told you

to ask me that? My supervisor she said. Who told your supervisor to ask that? Nurse said she did not know.

Then she started to ask more questions and I said I am all done answering any more questions. She wanted

to know if I was interested in getting a flu shot which I replied NO. Doc came in the room and I let him have it about

the gun questions and he replied that it was about safety as the polls show people are taking their lives with guns.

I then informed the good doctor that I have guns at every window and door in my house locked and loaded and

ready to go. I was raised with guns hunted Pheasants with my dog when I was 12 old. Also I served in the Marine

Corp so I know how to handle guns. Guess what there are many different ways to do yourself in that are not as messy

as a gun. Next they will want to know what I mean by that. Like I stated before it's about controlling every aspect

of our lives. Nuff said.

he replied that it was about safety as the polls show people are taking their lives with guns.

I don't buy that either Mike. The supervisor knows there are plenty of other ways to kill yourself than just guns. I would take that subject up with your doctor tho, and if he leans left, find another (read: better) doctor.

PC

Went in for my yearly physical examination. Nurse took my blood pressure and started to ask some

questions about my health. So far OK, then it turned and she asked me if I had any guns in my house

You should have said ...Yes and i have one on me now...:laugh:...

A while ago i fell and seriously damaged my eye, And i went to the emergency room at the hospital ...And they sent a case worker to talk to me...IE; How did i fall, I was thinking of saying my Wife hit me but i quickly realize they have no sense of humor, And i better just say yes or no to the questions like can you manage taking your medicines ...And do ever think of suicide.. Do you want us to look in on you when you get home?

No Gun questions....But that might have come up if i had let them visit my home??

If I want to do myself in all I have to do is eat shrimp and crab meat, within 3 hours I'll be unable to breathe and die.

America is going to see hard times ahead and it will be far worse than the Great Depression.

I have the feeling they'll tamper with the mid term elections. If we as a nation don't wake up and say "NO" to all this nonsense we'll lose what little freedom we have. Too many people are falling down the rabbit hole and playing into the hands of the tyrants and the more they submit the harder it makes for those of us who do not want to play along. :mad:

If Biden gets what he wants the IRS will ruin our life for sure

They have too much power and fear tactics to use against common folks, red this as we the people who pay taxes, not the dead beats that get a free lunch thanks to the DEMS

1379797_524514007633503_628342113_n.jpg

Well, the local Sunday paper had 3 letters to the editor, two of which were well under the 250 word limit, but the third letter was 273 words. Wonder why this letter got printed and mine didn't. Maybe it's because I'm always known for a conservative point of view and they only like the liberal malarky.

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back