Lawton, OK

Welcome aboard Wayne. I just recently (3 weeks ago) bought a 2017 Harley Trike. Freewheeler. Not a lot of luggage space but it's a heck of a lot of fun. And luggage can be added. Mine has reverse but I haven't really had to use it yet. But I know there will come a time. In regards to power. How much do we need? Mine cruises at 80 down I-5 San Diego and doesn't even breath hard. It's a 107. I think the biggest thing you will need to get used to is the steering of 3 wheels compared to two wheels. Totally different animal. But I say get what you can afford and ride like the wind.

Thanks, Steve! I grew up in East County (Lakeside).

I'm still looking, expanding my search area. I may have to either ride my trike a couple of hours back home after buying and wondering if the smarter move would be to pay to have it shipped instead (given what you said about getting used to 3 wheels vs. 2.

Wayne

Welcome from San Antonio, Texas. I had a 2015 Freewheeler that I traded for a 2020 Freewheeler. The Freewheeler is the perfect trike for me. I don't carry a passenger, so I have room for luggage on the back seat. I typed "a bag" on the back seat, but that looked really tacky because I know lots of beautiful lady passengers.

That last sentence made me laugh!

I don't expect to routinely carry a passenger but was thinking it might be nice to be able to do so in comfort on the odd occasion. The question is whether that criteria is significant or not, and whether it is worth the additional price tag.

Wayne

Welcome aboard Wayne. I just recently (3 weeks ago) bought a 2017 Harley Trike. Freewheeler. Not a lot of luggage space but it's a heck of a lot of fun. And luggage can be added. Mine has reverse but I haven't really had to use it yet. But I know there will come a time. In regards to power. How much do we need? Mine cruises at 80 down I-5 San Diego and doesn't even breath hard. It's a 107. I think the biggest thing you will need to get used to is the steering of 3 wheels compared to two wheels. Totally different animal. But I say get what you can afford and ride like the wind.

Success! I found a 2014 Tri-Glide that came home with me from an Indian Motorcycle dealership in Norman, OK! It runs well, but I am going to take it to my local HD shop to do a maintenance/safety check. According to the tech, it was last in a dealership for service in 2021, about 5K miles ago.

So far, the only issue I've noticed with the trike is a problem with the trunk lock. It flopped open while riding in town, and after I closed it, I had a really hard time getting it open when I parked the trike. The whole lock mechanism came out in my hand. Anyway, I am really happy so far!

Wayne

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back