jeff and elise in the USA

i was keen to see a real bear. so far bears had been elusive. someone had left an Esky (well thats what we call them) plastic box you keep food cold in... at the bottom of the stairs. i assumed whoever owned it would be back for it as it was a good one. but they didnt return for it, and at 3 am a bear found it. i ran out to see it and got a couple of pictures, the first disapointing because even though the flash disturbed the bear, it hardly shows up in the pic. the second it was headding off toward the fence and making an escape. i was and still am happy i got to see it.

my guess is that yellowstone has been fire ravished in recent years...lots of dead trees over vast areas. it has a beauty for sure, but i found it overcrowded and difficult to get around. rangers driving well below the speed limits despite signs telling slow drivers to use pull over areas made it even worse.

about 1988
dry and the policy was to let it burn.
almost burned the whole place down
before they did something.

the whole park is an absolute jem. ans, despite it being peak tourist season there was plenty of room to feel you had the place to yourselves. roads are great. everything superb

we attempted to see the giant trees, but there were too many tourists. the backlog to park let alone get the bus up meant we didnt go, but the ride this way to get to Mariposa was excellent. nice twisties with a view and the trees keep the temperature comfy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back