J&S or Pit Bull lift ???

trikermutha: How can you tell that the shocks are all pumped up ?

ttanthony: Do you have to air your shocks up to get the trike lift under the trike. I have the Tri Glide stock no lift kit.

Thanks a lot. SR
It does't matter on my trike if I have the shocks pumped up or not. but, I had the lift kit on the trike before I got the jack. The people at J&S are great to talk to. I have even toured there factory. I recommend that you give Steve a call. I'm sure he can ease all your pain.

Tracy

The reason I like the J&S lift vs the Pitbull was the width of the lift mechanism. The J&S was way wider = more stable. Rolling over the crake doesn't concern me, I have a flat floor. I also would like to know how you can tell if the shocks are "all pumped up".

Any other problems with the J&S?

Is it a fact that you have to use boards to raise the TG for the Pitbull?

I am going to buy a lift, but want to get one that really works well, considering the costs. The video sure looks good for the J&S - unless it's all smoke and mirrors.

Well the J&S being wider would be a plus. I have never seen both sit side by side to know. At the time that I was looking for a jack for my Ultra, knew a little about the Pitbull and started keeping an eye out on craigslist and pick one up 150 bucks. Then traded for a triglide that is on it's way and decided to buy the adapter for the Pitbull. Maybe the 2x6 thing is for the trike conversions. I don't know. Will find out here soon. I bought new headers for the trike and will see if I need this board thing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back