Interested in a get together, Sugestions

I was in Frisco to see the Grateful Dead in 67, what a great time @ the Fillmore

Need I say more

I didn't see 'em until the early '70s, but I saw 'em several times, including the Watkins Glen Summer Jam with The Band and The Allman Brothers. And yes, psychedelics were frequently involved. :Joker3: Need I say more? :Joker3:

1973 Watkins Glen Summer Jam Poster tee Men's Black 2550x3300 50-60.jpg

Watkins Glen, 1973 Band, Dead and Allman Bros (1).JPG

Watkins Glen, 1973 Band, Dead and Allman Bros (5).JPG

Watkins Glen, 1973 Band, Dead and Allman Bros (6).JPG

Was never a Deadhead, per se, but I liked 'em well enough. In fact, they sing about my shovelhead in one of their songs:

It's one hell of an understatement, to say she can be mean / She's temperamental, more of a bitch than a machine.... ;)

I started calling her The Bitch long before that album came out, but the moment I heard the song I thought 'Yessir, that's my baby!'
:laugh:

As for the get-together: I can do a motel if that's what's happening. If enough folks are coming, you might even get a break on room rates. I see it all the time, with all sorts of events.

The miles shouldn't be an issue by then. Like any other 'sport', a rider has to build up endurance for road trips. I should have enough time between now and then to build mine back up to something like pre-accident condition.

Steve - You may want to check out the following forum for various gatherings that foks have already. I know some have been discontinued for various reasons, but believe at least the Maggiville and Arizona gatherings are still active. I'm not that far from you and can ride over. Thanks to folks on the forum I have got'in into visiting national parks.

[h=1]Forum: TrikeTalk.com Gatherings[/h]Member Regional Gatherings

Thanks Ed, I'll be sure to do that today. Good scoop. Roughly 483 miles from San Diego. Used to visit my dad down in Mesa. Was stationed in Yuma a couple times. Gets pretty hot like 90F by 0500. I plan on visiting as many National parks as I can. I just got the veterans card that gets you into the parks for free. Good chat. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.

Can you say more about that? I wouldn't mind snagging one of those.

Here's a link to where you can get a free lifetime pass to all the National Parks. It will also give you 50% off to most/all federal government campgrounds, including COE campgrounds.

Entrance Passes (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)

We use ours multiple times every year.

Mary just made some campground reservations today for a weekend trip we're doing this March. 50% off with the card.

Kevin

Can you say more about that? I wouldn't mind snagging one of those.

I got mine from the link Kevin listed. It cost me 10.00 but its good for Life. Most entrance fees for national parks is 25.00 for motorcycle. So this card will save you whatever the entrance fee is. I've got the Gold Star & Veteran card. At the link you will see a list of cards and they ask you basically some questions to determine which one you rate or qualify for. Unfortunately, this card doesn't help you out in the State Parks. IRT camping, I wasn't aware of any camping discounts, however I will definitely be making inquiries on my next camping trip. Thanks for the heads up Kevin.

I got mine from the link Kevin listed. It cost me 10.00 but its good for Life. Most entrance fees for national parks is 25.00 for motorcycle. So this card will save you whatever the entrance fee is. I've got the Gold Star & Veteran card. At the link you will see a list of cards and they ask you basically some questions to determine which one you rate or qualify for. Unfortunately, this card doesn't help you out in the State Parks. IRT camping, I wasn't aware of any camping discounts, however I will definitely be making inquiries on my next camping trip. Thanks for the heads up Kevin.

I believe it is any campground on the Recreation.gov - Camping, Cabins, RVs, Permits, Passes & More site.

I know whenever we make campground reservations via recreation.gov we get 50% off.

Kevin

Ladies and Gents, how about a get together this June July or August. We all shoot the breeze on these threads together. Thought it would be righteous for us to all meet up Shake hands, enjoy a few laughs and have a great summer ride. As a starting point it appears that according to the internet the center point for America is roughly Kensington, Kansas.

San Diego to there 1408 miles, Seattle, WA is 1607 miles, Bangor, MA is 1902 and Jacksonville, FL is 1573. This is just an idea. PS I'm willing to ride further. It's totally coincidental that Kensington KS is closer to me. :clapping:

Who's up for it? Suggestions, recommendations ideas.

Not too far from the "Geographical Center of the United States" https://maps.app.goo.gl/ys7rMNasu2hDibMy8

It's all good, I'm planning a Jun-ish (5500-mile Est.) trip from San Diego to
Cedar City UT
Dillon CO
Salina KS
Vandalia IL
Farragut TN
Savannah GA
Gulfport MS
Luling TX
Carlsbad NM
Benson AZ
San Diego Ca

I'm about an hour from Farragut.Might meet up to put faces with names but thats my busy season at work so the odds of a ride are slim.

Thank you, sir! I do love me some National Parks! šŸ˜Ž

If you have a card and get in free, you could consider the camping has been discounted so it's still good!:pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back