Highway Peg Adjustment Help

Sep 4, 2019
Frankfort
Hey all. Just bought a 2006 GL 1800 with new Motorttrike kit installed. The highway pegs are too far forward on the engine guards but cannot figure out how to loosen the brackets to slide them back. At thought they were socket head bolts but the look rounder. Trying to attach a pic to show what I mean. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for helping a noob!

PS not able to post pic from mobile.

The pictures are a little fuzzy (no pun intended) ... but the bolts appear to be Torx ... it's a different type of "hex" ... takes a special wrench to get them loose or tightened ... Harbor freight sells a decent set for like $10 ... these are like Allen wrenches with the torx heads.

In this pic you can see the sockets look like the screws your trying to get loose. IMHO.

s-l1600.jpg

I got that picture from an eBay search.

shopping

Pic is out of focus but, I also believe those to be Torx head bolts.You need Torx head bits. Available at your local Home Depot or Lowes.

Now the question becomes, what do you mean by "slide them back"? I also have an 06 and the front tip over bars are vertical. They have no horizontal portion to slide anything "back" on!!!!

Can you post another pic taken farther away, in focus, so we can see the whole area to determined what adjustments are available to you

Thanks guys! I was not able to get under the bike last night to actually examine the parts - took pics with my camera phone on selfie mode which is why they are fuzzy.

I have a set of torx bits so will crawl under with those and my hex bits this evening and get a real look at the situation.

As far as adjustment, the pegs are mounted on the horizontal portion of the engine guard but more to the front of that bar. My plan is to slide the mount back along that same horizontal to put the pegs closer to the saddle. I will post up a pick of the whole setup in just a second.

Thanks again all!

Attached is a pic of the right side. Not sure if you can see but there is about an inch and 1/2 of the horizontal guard at the back that I am hoping to use to slide the peg brackets back a bit.

Attachments

• GW.jpg
    GW.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 123
When I bought my 2010 the previous owner had Kury pegs on the short arms like yours. I'm 5'10" and could reach them, but wanted something more comfortable. Kury offers 6" and 4" extensions. I found a set of clean used 4" arms and they work great for me. I just checked the mounting and found that the bracket that mounts to the crash bar takes a 3/16th allen wrench. Peg is mounted to the arm and angle adjustment using 3/8th and 5/16th allen wrenches.

20190921_164636 (Medium).jpg 20190921_164957 (Medium).jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back