Hello from Michigan

Thank you all!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I see that this is much more than just a trike forum. So many threads to review! Some will inform, some will make me laugh, and some have made me cry. I hope to bring light to the Vanderhall way of triking and in time earn your respect and a place on this forum. We are thrilled with our Laguna that we named ALIME. I will post some photos once I figure it out. Thanks again to pmar6004 for the invite to TT!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I see that this is much more than just a trike forum. So many threads to review! Some will inform, some will make me laugh, and some have made me cry. I hope to bring light to the Vanderhall way of triking and in time earn your respect and a place on this forum. We are thrilled with our Laguna that we named ALIME. I will post some photos once I figure it out. Thanks again to pmar6004 for the invite to TT!
Camera setting on VGA pictures works well for me, then up load directly from pictures on computer with the little stretch picture Icon on window sixth one center row from right to left. Zook takes good care of us. :D Ride safe Fred

Hello Ken & Sandy

welcome to trike talk from east Texas, you have found the best trike forum on the net, when you can you need to make one of our gatherings and put some faces to the names.

we ride, eat & visit. great bunch of trikers. your riding is probable coming to a end this year but there is always next year

IMG_20181014_151847265.jpgIMG_20180916_081154636.jpgIMG_20180823_142408053.jpgIMG_20180823_122735061.jpg

Thanks for the hints. These are a few from different angles. Not a car, not a bike, must be a trike!

Very cool - thanks for the pictures. Looks to be a fun ride.

Just curious - what does Michigan consider the Vanderhall? Recently in Missouri a vehicle that is enclosed or partially enclosed with 3 wheels, non-straddle (side by side) seating and a steering wheel is classified as an autocycle. Missouri has a universal helmet law, it applies to motorcycles and (as mentioned in Missouri law) motortricycles, but autocycle riders are exempt. Was wondering how Michigan treats vehicles like the Slingshot, Morgan and Vanderhall.

Very cool - thanks for the pictures. Looks to be a fun ride.

Just curious - what does Michigan consider the Vanderhall? Recently in Missouri a vehicle that is enclosed or partially enclosed with 3 wheels, non-straddle (side by side) seating and a steering wheel is classified as an autocycle. Missouri has a universal helmet law, it applies to motorcycles and (as mentioned in Missouri law) motortricycles, but autocycle riders are exempt. Was wondering how Michigan treats vehicles like the Slingshot, Morgan and Vanderhall.

Michigan law defines an autocycle as "an enclosed motorcycle that is equipped with safety belts, rollbar, windshield wipers, steering wheel, and equipment otherwise required on a motorcycle, and which has not more than three wheels in contact with the roadway at any one time."

Michigan classifies it as an autocycle, but it is registered as a motorcycle. Annual fee is $23 and with an optional $11 fee for state park passport.

Michigan is a no helmet required state for motorcycles or autocycles. Not sure why they added windshield wipers to the law as most autocyles do not have them.

Technically an auto cycle could have 1,2 or 3 wheels. Makes me wonder what the future holds for us!

View attachment 64828View attachment 64829View attachment 64830View attachment 64831

Thanks for the hints. These are a few from different angles. Not a car, not a bike, must be a trike!

Nice looking trike Ken... Did Sandy pick the color? It certainly is sharp and it would stand out in a crowd, even if it didn't have 3 wheels. I want again to personally thank you for accepting my invitation to join us on TT. We're a diversified group and show no favoritism in what you ride. My hope is that other Vanderhall owners follow in your footsteps. Looking forward to meeting you both during the 5th Annual Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally in July.

pmar6004

Thanks Paul,

The choice of manufacturer, model and color was something that took us four years to resolve. She wanted comfort and ease of entry. Polaris, Morgan and Vanderhall were all considered. During a campfire and several beers last summer, she said "Let's just make a leap and get the Laguna". Next morning she asked me if I remembered what she said and I told her to check her email. I had sent her a photo of a Lime green Laguna that I had found on the internet. Through the help of Daniel Boyer at Vanderhall we found one in N Carolina, we made a deal, bought a trailer and picked it up. I did not know at the time that there were less than 150 Lagunas built and this was the only one in this color combo! Very proud to have it and it is a head turner. If it is meant to be it will happen. It's not for everyone, but it is for us. I believe that all of the Lagunas have been sold and info has been removed from the Vanderhall website. 3WR is on our calendar and reservations have been made.

Again, thanks to pmar6004, papa zook, and everyone at TT for the kind and warm welcome. Ken and Sandy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back