Good Thing The Riding Season Is Over Anyways

Aug 3, 2013
Linden, MI
It was time to put the bikes/trike away here in Michigan anyways, but last week sealed the deal... :mad:

I cut my left index finger pretty bad, and in the process severed the tendon in the finger. Had surgery to re-attach the tendon, so I now have a cast for about 8 weeks and around 23 stitches in my finger/hand. Pretty hard to operate a clutch with a hand that looks like a club, but the pain meds are good!

At least it happened in the off season. I know it is painful but you will heal in time for riding season.
Pain is not any fun.

Wow I just looked at this thread! What the heck have you guys been doing to yourselves? Darth hope you heal up fast buddy, and dirtdobber what happened to you? Looks like you went down pretty hard.

Got the cast cut off today and moved to a removable splint... still need to keep the finger and hand stationary, but starting some therapy sessions already. Got to see the incision today...

Got the cast cut off today and moved to a removable splint... still need to keep the finger and hand stationary, but starting some therapy sessions already. Got to see the incision today...

Darth...Don't be very concerned if there is numbness in that finger. I cut mine in a large metal cutting bandsaw that went 2/3 thru the bone and it took over a year to get feeling back. Doctor told me nerves are the slowest things to heal and grow......How did you do this?

How did you do this?

Wish I had a good story for it, but it was simply a brain fart... I was trying to open a tube of crescent rolls. Pounded it on the counter and it didn't open, so I got impatient and grabbed the nice sharp Chicago Cutlery fillet knife from the butcher block and proceeded to put the knife through the tube and deep into my finger... got the nerve and severed the tendon.

Yep, I'm a :kpzxvq: head!

Damn Guys ! Lets take our time doing stuff. All those look bad ! I hope you guys have a QUICK recovery. Don't wish that on anyone. P.S. Riding season is in full Run here. High today around 78 and Sunny ! :)

Hello Darth, hope you are doing better. Just to make you feel better, I helped a neighbor lady that had some really hard brownies in a baking pan that she was trying to break loose. So she grabbed the sharpest knife in the house and holding the pan up with one hand started chiseling towards that hand with the knife, when the knife broke through she drove it into her wrist and about 4 inches up her arm. When you do a job you have to do it good!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back