Gas springs for Stallion trunk

Hello Stallion owners!

I thought that instead of always asking all of you questions about my Stallion trike, I might be able to contribute something to this excellent forum. I always appreciate your quick and accurate (for the most part) information. I got tired of the trunk lid falling down and hitting me in the head, so I decided to replace the gas springs (struts) in he trunk. I have a 2010 Stallion and the gas springs wouldn't hold the trunk lid up anymore.

The replacement gas springs come from Suspa Inc. in Grand Rapids Michigan. That seemed logical since the Stallion is on a Ford platform. The part number is C16-26038. The parts are $95.00 each. With tax, shipping, etc. it came to $209.07.

They worked great and no more headaches. The phone number for the Suspa company is (616)241-4200. The email address is www.suspa.com/us. The address is Roger B. Chaffee Memorial Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49548.

If you don't have a problem now, you may have down the road. Hopefully this info. will help!

Jerry C

It's always nice for someone to locate parts for the Stallion and post the info. I know that somewhere I had posted the replacement struts I purchased before. I got them from LiftSupportsDepot.com part number 6914. Total cost with shipping was $36.35 for both. Theses struts are about 3/16 longer but work great. The original strut was special made for the Stallion.

tomg

It's always nice for someone to locate parts for the Stallion and post the info. I know that somewhere I had posted the replacement struts I purchased before. I got them from LiftSupportsDepot.com part number 6914. Total cost with shipping was $36.35 for both. Theses struts are about 3/16 longer but work great. The original strut was special made for the Stallion.

tomg

$17.99 from Amazon.

tomg

looks like i'am ready for the second set for mine truck lid falling down again

looks like i'am ready for the second set for mine truck lid falling down again

called lift support for a replacement set, they looked up my order when i had order them, and informed me that they have a one year warranty on them, and that mine were a few days past but they would take care of it , i was shocked not only did they take care of it though they were out of warranty ,but also took care of the shipping ( no charge ! ) when i was going to pay for the shipping. Really great to have a company that stands 100% behind their products. I even asked about the return of the bad one's was told don't worry about them........

called lift support for a replacement set, they looked up my order when i had order them, and informed me that they have a one year warranty on them, and that mine were a few days past but they would take care of it , i was shocked not only did they take care of it though they were out of warranty ,but also took care of the shipping ( no charge ! ) when i was going to pay for the shipping. Really great to have a company that stands 100% behind their products. I even asked about the return of the bad one's was told don't worry about them........

Good news lift supports arrived yesterday NO CHARGE ,now if i can just be able to install them again...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back