Fuses

I give up. For years, when I wanted to add a circuit, I used a fuse holder and right wire and did so. Recently while messing with some wiring in the Trike, I discovered I had 5 fuse holders with fuses coming off the battery. Enough of that.

So I ordered this 6 place fuse holder kit, and while I'm there, gonna replace that big chromed plastic switch holder with 4 cheap switches on the front brake reservoir, never did "like" it anyway. Got some new switches coming, will mount 4 down on the switch plate up by the GPS holder. I'll have a spare and I may end up with two spares as I figured to run the Ring of Fires off a position, but I never use them. They are pre-LED, always look dirty (brake dust maybe), so I may not even leave them in place?

I like the cover and the little red "blown fuse" LEDs. Comes with the fuses too. I don't intend to use the ground lugs as I'm just consolidating all those free floating fuse holder that seem in the way and which I forget which powers what, etc. I saw bigger ones but 6 is enough.

Besides, I'm bored.

Attachments

• 6-Circuit fuse block box  (3).jpg
    6-Circuit fuse block box (3).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 127
I am waiting for the 6 fuse holder distribution plate I ordered, each of 6 positions has a fuse, the total is 100 amp rated, but I'll be using only one 15 amp fuse for driving lights, two 10 amp fuses for trailer tail & brake light power, and a 10 amp fuse for the lower rear trunk and left front pocket power outlets, and a 5 amp one for the power outlet in my top trunk to power my wireless modulator & XM receiver. I'll have a place for spare.

I have already decided colors, etc … and green will be ground. I'm also installing 2 new lighted switches for driving lights and trailer tail lights, brake light relay will activate from signal on a yellow wire from my trike's brake circuit. Gonna scrap that plastic brake reservoir top 4 place switch holder as it's cracked and one switch is dead and I only need two anyway, got new fluid fill caps to go on too. The switches will get their relay activating power from the trike's 5 amp accessory terminal so the trailer tails and driving lights will only work if the trike is "on". I'll be using some red, some light blue, some dark blue, some orange, maybe some black wire too. All 14 ga or bigger. Was gonna be here this Friday, looks like next Wednesday now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back