Freewheeler trailer hitch?

As of right now I have not found one. I have been in Contact with Hitch Doc. Waiting for a date to possibly take mine to them so they can measure and mock up one for production.

I have been collecting data for the difference between the tri glide and freewheeler.
I don't have any one close by that has a tri glide to compare to the freewheeler.
What I have discovered is touring bikes, SG, ultra, rg etc.., mufflers fit the mounting points. Only difference is the mufflers from touring bikes are around 2.5 inches longer but mount the same as factory free mufflers do. Same mounting to the frame and location.
So I am thinking it may be possible for a tri glide may work. There are 4 holes under neath just like the tri glide has. Just don't have measurements.
So If anyone has a tri glide I could use the spacing of the 4 holes on the frame under the trunk, they are vertical holes close to where the mufflers mount. 2 holes on each side of the frame.
I can compare them to each other.
Thank you for your reply's. Rivco doesn't have any for the free. I just checked, Only for a tri glide.

I have been collecting data for the difference between the tri glide and freewheeler.

I don't have any one close by that has a tri glide to compare to the freewheeler.

What I have discovered is touring bikes, SG, ultra, rg etc.., mufflers fit the mounting points. Only difference is the mufflers from touring bikes are around 2.5 inches longer but mount the same as factory free mufflers do. Same mounting to the frame and location.

So I am thinking it may be possible for a tri glide may work. There are 4 holes under neath just like the tri glide has. Just don't have measurements.

So If anyone has a tri glide I could use the spacing of the 4 holes on the frame under the trunk, they are vertical holes close to where the mufflers mount. 2 holes on each side of the frame.

I can compare them to each other.

Thank you for your reply's. Rivco doesn't have any for the free. I just checked, Only for a tri glide.

Unfortunately, on the 14 & up Tri-Glides you cannot put a bolt thru the holes in the most rearward cross member. There is a bar on the top side of that channeled cross member.

This is why some hitch companies have gone to a clamping strategy for the hitch.

However, I did go out and measure a 2014 TG for you.

Side to side, on both cross members, the holes are 6.5" center to center.

Front to back, the holes are 9" apart (between the two cross members) center to center.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Good news, Keystone.
Thank you
After doing some measuring and comparing I do not see how a tri glide hitch would work on a freewheeler.
The cross members are different because of the short body, wheel base. The forward cross member (closest to the engine) is in front of the rear end and the rearward cross member is behind the rear end. So there is no way to run the 1 1/4 inch draw bar. The rear end is in the way. I only took a glance as I am trying to plant the next few days. Out of corn, so I got to plant some this year. Silver queen, oh yea.

Just finished talking to Hitch Doc. My FW is going to them next week. So a few weeks from now they will have a product on the market.

Keystone,

Does your FLRT employ a rear bumper? I have one; and, I was thinking if they are going to make a unit available, they should account for an FLRT with a rear bumper installed in the design of such a kit.

Just my thinking,

Springman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back