Freewheeler Chrome Rear Bumper Installed

My chrome bumper broke

I have the extended service plan so when my Freewheeler shifter arm broke Saturday, out of town, I called the nearest HD shop. They gave me the number of the wrecker service they use so I called them. The service manager told the wrecker driver no one would wait for my trike to be delivered, just drop it off out back and leave the keys under the A/C unit. Of course, I wasn't happy, so the driver said he could take it to their yard and keep in their garage Saturday and Sunday night. I rode along and was very happy about the security of the building where we left it and the care he took loading and unloading it.

Monday morning a different driver picked up my trike to take it to the dealer. He strapped it down using the bumper. When he arrived at the dealership 2 employees took pictures in case of damage. One of the welds on the bumper was broken so they took a few more. They removed the bumper but couldn't sell me a new one because they didn't have one in stock.

Now I have to deal with the wrecker company. They didn't charge my ESP a storage fee or 2 towing fees, but I expect them to bill me when they get my bill for the bumper plus labor to install it. Since the dealer told me to call them and they paid the wrecker I would think they would assist me, but they said it's my problem. They did give me the names of their employees who saw what happened and forwarded pictures to the wrecker company for verification.

ALL Spline bolts on the shift linkage require removal and loctite application. This is a very well know issue on all floorboard Harleys. When it fails "most" reach down and move the long connecting linkage rod by hand to shift ... and get home or to a Dealer.

There are rear tie down loops welded on the frame directly under the axle. :xzqxz:

The rear bumper supports brackets should NEVER be used. Several have had cracked welds from just normal use.

I bet they never put it in "trailer mode" and if not .... you are lucky your battery was not also dead.

Bob :Dorag:

See ....... no loctite or lock washers from the Factory!!!!!

20150605_215910.jpg

Very nice add on IMO the factory should install them along with the lower air dam, I will either make my own or buy using my points back from my dealer they will not price match Boardtracker HD formerly Kutter so I may swing by on my way to MN

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back