First ride: handling..does it improve as the bike breaks in ? Or inexperience.?

Much better now.

Just got trike back from the dealer. The rear brake issue is fixed , handling issue is fixed . Bike no longer pulls me all over the road or worse yet off the road. I was able to enjoy the ride for the first time today. Trike was certainly NOT set up right from my purchasing dealer . Glad the dealer I took it to got it right. Different riding experience all together. Bike tracks straight now.

:Coffee: #1.*

When riding, understand the steering is a push- pull exercise and locking the elbow on the arm your pushing with makes the steering easier, more confident and results in less fatigue. (especially important for folks without a great deal of upper body strength)
Your using muscles you don't normally use on a two wheeler.

:
Does anyone else think locking an elbow, while turning, *isn't a good idea?*

More than once, I have had the front wheel shake/wobble in a corner. Had an elbow been locked, I could have been thrown off or hyperextended it.*

Steering was real heavy and it took a lot of effort for me at first. 5k miles later and I'm whipping it back and forth with ease.*

Just got trike back from the dealer. The rear brake issue is fixed , handling issue is fixed . Bike no longer pulls me all over the road or worse yet off the road. I was able to enjoy the ride for the first time today. Trike was certainly NOT set up right from my purchasing dealer . Glad the dealer I took it to got it right. Different riding experience all together. Bike tracks straight now.

Trike Rider Learning Curve has started...Just use Patience and enjoy the Ride.....:)...ThumbUp

Does anyone else think locking an elbow, while turning, *isn't a good idea?*

More than once, I have had the front wheel shake/wobble in a corner. Had an elbow been locked, I could have been thrown off or hyperextended it.*

Steering was real heavy and it took a lot of effort for me at first. 5k miles later and I'm whipping it back and forth with ease.*

Locking the elbow allows the shoulder to be used to make the turn, rather than the arm. There's more inherent strength in the shoulder, so riding becomes less tiring and fatiguing. Locking the elbow does not change one's ability to turn or control the trike, it shifts the mechanics of the turning action from the arm to the shoulder.

Locking the elbow allows the shoulder to be used to make the turn, rather than the arm. There's more inherent strength in the shoulder, so riding becomes less tiring and fatiguing. Locking the elbow does not change one's ability to turn or control the trike, it shifts the mechanics of the turning action from the arm to the shoulder.

I'm not arguing that the leverage of a locked elbow doesn't make for less effort.

I will argue that locking your elbow could make it less controllable. Lock one of your elbows and have a buddy shake the handlebars. Then have him/her shake it with your arms bent.*

I'm not arguing that the leverage of a locked elbow doesn't make for less effort.

I will argue that locking your elbow could make it less controllable. Lock one of your elbows and have a buddy shake the handlebars. Then have him/her shake it with your arms bent.*

Sorry, but my personal experience says otherwise. Everyone has different sensibilities, and I hope you get this issue sorted out.

I sometimes get a chuckle from reading some of this stuff. :laugh: Riding a trike isn't rocket science or black art.
Sometimes,we do tend to over-analyze it. Maybe it's just me,though.

LOL I was just happy to get my trike fixed.....

thanks every one for the input. Yes I am still learning but its getting pretty natural now. And tons more fun. In town and on hwy Ive got it. Twisties mostly got it ... working on it.

I sometimes get a chuckle from reading some of this stuff. :laugh: Riding a trike isn't rocket science or black art.
Sometimes,we do tend to over-analyze it. Maybe it's just me,though.

I dont know about that Clint, I once converted a guys VTX1300 and when he picked the trike up and pulled out onto the four lane in front of my shop and rode around in a circle twice though all 4 lanes before I could get him off the highway. Scared the crap out of me but luckily no cars were coming at that moment. I dont know what goes on in some peoples brain when they get on a trike, but its just not natural to everyone.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back