Cup Holder Ideas?

I second the Contigo.

My my main requirement for a drink container is to close securely without a lot of effort. It avoids your drink splattering all over you and your trike.

The Contigo 20 oz. Snapseal is like a childis "sippy cup". You can close it and turn it upside down with a carbonated drink and it will not leak and it keeps drinks cold almost as well as a Yeti.

The slightly flared top allows ot to perfectly fit a Kuryakyn drink holder & it's center of gravity is so low that it will not accidently tip over. ( mounted on Valk )

Note that the Kury drink holder can be locked in place or allowed to sway. If you want to let it swing back & forth, you should use blue loctite on the locking screw.

The kury holder comes with a nice insulated stainless cup about the right size for coffee.

However, hit a strong bump and the contents will spray back at you unless you close the opening AND point the opening at about 11:00 o'clock.

Dan

barefoot willies

I got a cup holder from bare foot willies years ago works great order the correct handle bar size and bolt it on. Holds 20oz stewarts cup great

Well, I have been using the Butler cup for years, rider and passenger. Now I use a large yeti and it is hands down the best to keep cold things cold and hot things hot.

The issue is how to safely cary it . My thought was to put in into a mounted Butler cup but I would like a better, more "professional" way to carry it.

Thoughts?

Well, I have been using the Butler cup for years, rider and passenger. Now I use a large yeti and it is hands down the best to keep cold things cold and hot things hot.

The issue is how to safely cary it . My thought was to put in into a mounted Butler cup but I would like a better, more "professional" way to carry it.

Thoughts?

I used a large original size Yeti cup with the tapered bottom in my Kury holder for about six months and had continual problems with drinks spraying from the lid on bumps or in corners with the cup full or almost full. Also, it was just too big even though the tapered bottom fit into the holder ok.

I then found the Contigo. With its flared top, it fit perfectly into the holder; it kept drinks hot or cold almost as well as the Yeti; and the closing mechanism was easy to operate and closed tightly enough to preserve carbonated drinks. Also, there is no blowback problems.

Another great eat thing about the Contigo is it costs less than 15.00 and I'm bad about losing drink cups. I try to not leave the house with a Yeti - they are proud of those things.

I used a large original size Yeti cup with the tapered bottom in my Kury holder for about six months and had continual problems with drinks spraying from the lid on bumps or in corners with the cup full or almost full. Also, it was just too big even though the tapered bottom fit into the holder ok.

I then found the Contigo. With its flared top, it fit perfectly into the holder; it kept drinks hot or cold almost as well as the Yeti; and the closing mechanism was easy to operate and closed tightly enough to preserve carbonated drinks. Also, there is no blowback problems.

Another great eat thing about the Contigo is it costs less than 15.00 and I'm bad about losing drink cups. I try to not leave the house with a Yeti - they are proud of those things.

I love Yeticups but I will look for your brand. Thanks for the info.

cup holsers

Check on line I've looked at ROADRUNNER, TRUDEAU, RAM and a few others. Read some of the comments from people who actually have them and use them. I have a RAM mount for my GPS but I went with ROADRUNNER and like it just fine. Of all I looked at it was the only one with stainless steel inside and out. Do some surfing.

Check on line I've looked at ROADRUNNER, TRUDEAU, RAM and a few others. Read some of the comments from people who actually have them and use them. I have a RAM mount for my GPS but I went with ROADRUNNER and like it just fine. Of all I looked at it was the only one with stainless steel inside and out. Do some surfing.

We have Bubba Hero Sport tumblers, 24oz for use on the bikes. they have a flip up straw lid, and are stainless steel lined vacuum bottles. We usually put 5 or 6 ice cubes in water, and in the sunny summer at 90° - 95° the ice lasts a minimum of gas stop bto gas stop. I have seen the Contigo mentioned above with the flip up straw in a 20 oz size, They are stainless steel vacuum bottles inside and out and keep ice well. Both the Bubba and Contigo brands are owned by Newall Rubbermaid, the quality of both is very good. Both are leak proof - with the straws closed.

The RAM mount system may be an outlay at first, but the accessories we have that go on the mounts are moved to whatever we are riding or driving at the time.

Here is a pic of the Bubba tumbler and the holder I made for it with the RAM mounts.

IMG_0861 - Copy.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back