Cruise Control Stopped Working

Jun 9, 2024
Homosassa Florida
Name
Joe
Hi I recently changed the rear brakes and rotors on a 2018 HD Trike. The cruise control has stopped working! Is there a possibility that I screwed something up when I changed the brakes or just coincidence? Would the parking brake cause the cruise control to not work if it was adjusted to tight or lose? I tried the test under quick and easy cruise control and it says it's working. :UPDATE: The cruise control is working again after doing " easy cruise control steps " it said it was working one test ride confirmed yes it was working again. The only thing I can figure out here is those steps must also reset the cruise. Thanks to all of you for your help!

I would guess coincidental. Click on search at the top right and type in “Quick and easy cruise control” and you will find a diagnostic test. Hope this helps.

Hi I recently changed the rear brakes and rotors on a 2018 HD Trike. The cruise control has stopped working! Is there a possibility that I screwed something up when I changed the brakes or just coincidence?
The first thing I would check is to make sure your brake lights are working a burnt out bulb will make the cruise control inoperable..

One of 3 switches is bad front brake, rear brake or even the clutch switch. Any of the 3 should render the cruise control inoperable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNT
Back