Cost to lube tri glide neck bearings

Just a question because I don't know, if they use sealed bearings in wheels which turn a lot more than the steering why did they not use sealed bearings in steering?

ps: not just referring to Harley

Just a question because I don't know, if they use sealed bearings in wheels which turn a lot more than the steering why did they not use sealed bearings in steering?

ps: not just referring to Harley

That would be great wouldn't it?

Sure sounds like the way that farmer/rancher lubes equipment. I also have to be very careful with "farmer tight' on fasteners. Working on Harleys made me resort to torque wrenches and locktite. I'm still wondering if installing a zerk can be done?

It’s greased and as long as when inspected with the fall back method an$ is solid. All that grease in there isn’t hurting a bit. I use torque wrenches where they need to be used. The bike has 111000 miles on it and this is how my Mechanic at the dealership told me to grease it and what grease to use. The new method ensure the wallet bikers part with there hard earned money. I would love to see the inside of the neck to see if it’s whole, if so I wouldn’t hesitate to drill n tap and install a Zerk in there. Pump it full of Red n tacky.

Big question here, is the neck open to the frame ? If it is you would be filling the frame full of grease while pumping away. Maybe someone has the front end off of a 14 and newer touring bike and can take a look.

We call this a reserve, so on long trips, the engine heats up the grease in the other tubes,

Just like a playdo toy, it self lubes, you might see some grease flung on your leathers, dont panic.

Follow me , for more mechanic tips

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back