Car air shocks on a Triglide

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Aug 27, 2016
Des Moines IA US
I seen a youtube video a person put monroe MA784 air shocks on his 2 wheeler, he is very happy with the ride and wife also happy, his harley shocks kept leaking down which is common with harley air shocks. From the reviews quite a few people have done this.

Has anyone on here put car type air shocks on their triglide??? For the price point it is cheaper than any other non air shock, my auto supply has them for around $128 versus around $800 to $1100 for non air shocks.

All for now Trampas

I seen a youtube video a person put monroe MA784 air shocks on his 2 wheeler, he is very happy with the ride and wife also happy, his harley shocks kept leaking down which is common with harley air shocks. From the reviews quite a few people have done this.

Has anyone on here put car type air shocks on their triglide??? For the price point it is cheaper than any other non air shock, my auto supply has them for around $128 versus around $800 to $1100 for non air shocks.

All for now Trampas

These “corvette air shocks” are meant and made/valved for a car. Not Trike or motorcycle.

before I got my trike, I had a few bikes that I added an “air ride” system on (with compressor and tank) to manually fill it.

With that said, the BEST (IMO) air ride shocks is made by “Dirty Air”. They are specifically made for motorcycles (including trikes). They make their steel shocks which are much better than OE Harley shocks… but if you want the Best Air ride: get their Premium Aluminum air shocks. They are around $675-$700 I believe but are a complete game changing ride, and honestly the best air ride I ever experienced.

Personally, I did not want to put air ride on this trike I just got and opted for the 14” ProAction shocks. But they are not cheap: $950-ish

Unfortunately if you want a good ride, quality will cost $$.

They may be a slightly better ride than the original shocks, but if you can save up some extra $$ you would be extremely happy with ProAction or DK shocks. Set em & forget em and enjoy a superb ride.

Early on in our experimentations we tried a variety of air shocks made for cars and light trucks...the results were disappointing.

Here is a LINK to a comparison report on rear shocks that you may find helpful.

This chart is an excerpt from the above report.

Trike_Shock_Report_1.jpg

Below is a video of the best shocks you can get for a Harley Trike-

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back