Boots on a trike?

I beleive that boots should be worn on a trike if on the highway, tennis shoes otherwise. If its 85-90 + degrees outside, Long sleeve shirt is too hot. The chance of laying down a trike is extemely remote. I know people who wear leather all of the time while riding their trikes, but in hot weather they are never riding, they are driving their air conditioned cars...go figure!

I’m new to triking and am wondering if experienced trike riders think it necessary to wear motorcycle boots while riding a trike.

I always wear boots on my two wheel rides but on a trike, where you rarely put your feet down, do you really need them? I have been using a decent pair of sneakers and they seem fine.

LaughingSmiley_zps3d894b7c.gif
:Coffee You choose the size and weight of a boot in relation to whom you wish to kick in what spot, not for riding?

Leather Boots when it's cold, but mostly I wear Hi-Top sneaker type booths. :Shrug: I'm not a fast rider, I just chill and look around a lot.

Always BOOTS, leather jacket below 80 deg and denim above. 1/2 helmet above 80 , 3/4 below 80 deg. Seen a few trike accidents that I know they either wish they had better protection or did have it. That skin does peel off easy.

BOOTS

I have a comfortable breathable pair of 5.11's with zippered sides. I still wear them 99% of the time and prefer them. Sneakers seem to be ok but I still like the extra protection of the heavier sole and the fabric support of my ankles.

I always wear boots and jeans. Current boot is the Bates 5" Tactical Sport with side zippers and composite toe. Great feeling, comfortable boot. I used to wear a Converse #8674 6" tactical boot. They were a great boot. Unfortunately when I had to replace them I found that Reebok had purchased Converse and screwed them up big time. The fit and quality of the same boot are piss poor. I took a chance on the Bates from Galls and really like them.
After being hit by a concrete truck on my 2 wheeler 40 years ago and living to talk about it, I am a firm believer in dressing for the crash. It will always be jeans, above the ankle boots, jacket, vest, gloves and helmet for me. The jacket might be lighter due to the temperature but I will always be covered.

Both

I carry sneakers, rarely wear them. I Still prefer my side zip boots. They have mesh sides so heat is not an issue.

Leather boots [Steel Tip], All the time, Full face helmet in the winter, 3/4 Helmet in the warm weather' And Tin Foil hat when i'm not riding.....:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back