AMA

I am, Because they support bikers rights....
Their magazine though doesn't interest me..
Too much about racing /off road, Not enough about street bikes.:Shrug:

Check the links in my sig line. ;) Ardent proponent of motorcycle rights here. I am a member of the AMA and MRF, they work for the rights of motorcyclists at the national level. Also a member of the State Motorcycle Rights Organizations (SMRO's) in the states I live and work. FORR in Missouri and ABATE in Arkansas work at the local and state level. Also on the organizing committee of the Mid South M.I.L.E. (Motorcyclists Improving Legislative Effectiveness).

I could go into soapbox mode over Motorcyclist Rights, but that leads to politics, and that is too ugly of a subject for this friendly board. :D

I'm a 35 year life member - would have been longer if I had joined when i started riding. If it wasn't for the AMA all you riders out there would not have the freedom of you have today - let alone even owning a bike.
I belong to the AMA and ABATE and believe EVERYONE should belong to at least one MRO - just think of the power/clout we would have in Washington if we did.

Most riders just assume they have the right to ride a motorcycle - NOT!
Check out all the things the AMA/ABATE have done over the years - you'd be amazed.

As for the magazine, back in the day it was almost all competition, but now I'd say it was pretty much even between comp and street.

Ozarkrider, what ABATE chapter you in? When I went down to Harrison for a pig roast hosted by our local HOG chapter member that moved there a few years ago. I met a some of the local guys - a real nice bunch of riders. ThumbUp Showed us a lot of great roads - Pig Trail for one and who could forget Mt. Nebo - chilling. :D

I know a bunch of you guys are loners, but think of the alternative if it wasn't for the MRO's. You can still join but don't tell anyone. :)

Been an AMA member since 1990, I think (yes, I could look at my card, but now that I am wasting this time typing it. It's too late now). Also now on auto renew, which gives you free MoTow service. Needed it plenty over the years (never on TG).

Only gripe I had was after 25 years you were suppose to get free membership. Then just as I approched that timely mark, the AMA said "Oops, we can't afford that so from now on it will cost you $10/year for the magazine subscription.
Now I see they have a Premium Life Membership where it will cost you $29, but you get the free towing that regular members get free with auto renewal.
Life members also use to get a free Int. Mcy. Show pin and a dollar back from admission. Now none of that. It seems like the ones who really kept the organization going are the ones getting hosed. But I can see their point - they are trying to get more membership.
Don't get me wrong it's still the best thing going for bikers. I just needed to vent. :gah: There I'm OK again. pepper - :D - ThumbUp

Save the wave :wave4:

AMA I have been a member of AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) since 1976 they are a great organization. Oh wait you are talking about another AMA organization. They are OK too.
Steve. :10:

I'm a 35 year life member - would have been longer if I had joined when i started riding. If it wasn't for the AMA all you riders out there would not have the freedom of you have today - let alone even owning a bike.
Same here - Should have joined earlier.Would have been a life member if I would have signed up in my mid 20's,even though I had been riding for 10 years at that time.
I belong to the AMA and ABATE and believe EVERYONE should belong to at least one MRO - just think of the power/clout we would have in Washington if we did.
Amen to that! There is power in numbers. An old union saying applies: United we bargain, separately we beg.

Most riders just assume they have the right to ride a motorcycle - NOT!
Check out all the things the AMA/ABATE have done over the years - you'd be amazed.
Check that - a lot of good MRO's do folks don't find out about, as they often prevent anti-motorcycle legislation coming out of committee or getting that far in the first place. Also check out the Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF) - Their sole purpose is to work for street riders in our nation's capital.

As for the magazine, back in the day it was almost all competition, but now I'd say it was pretty much even between comp and street.

Ozarkrider, what ABATE chapter you in? When I went down to Harrison for a pig roast hosted by our local HOG chapter member that moved there a few years ago. I met a some of the local guys - a real nice bunch of riders. ThumbUp Showed us a lot of great roads - Pig Trail for one and who could forget Mt. Nebo - chilling. :D
I am in District 4, out of Fayetteville. Joined in '94 when we moved south from Minnesota. I am told Dist. 4 is the original ABATE in Arkansas, when ABATE was "A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments" before it changed to "Arkansas Bikers Aiming Towards Education". Yep, the Ozarks, Boston Mountains and the Ouachita's are great riding.

I know a bunch of you guys are loners, but think of the alternative if it wasn't for the MRO's. You can still join but don't tell anyone. :)

It's good to be involved, but just supporting the cause goes a long way to protecting our right to ride.

Ok,the AMA. Being new to triking I've seen this, AMA, a few times and today went to their site, (tks. Ozrkryder for posting ). The auto coverage for towing and such, also included in the 49$ fee? Guess I'll have to investigate further. tks. for the valuable info.
cooltech:cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back