Aluma TK-1 License Modif

Jul 13, 2011
Cville, IN / Leesburg, FL
A few people have commented on the poor design/placement of the license plate bracket on the TK-1 trailer, don't know if this applies to other Aluma trailers also. It is made of plastic and sits very low to the ground, under the left taillight. Some have lost their plates after they broke off at highway speeds.

So, I did a bit of backfitting to improve the situation. I bought some 1" aluminum angle stock, SS screws, a LED license plate bracket (from Amazon), and had some other hardware around the garage.

Here's what I came up with, mounting the plate above the taillight.

20181030_121626_resized.jpg

20181030_121514_resized.jpg

20181030_121530_resized.jpg

The angle iron could be straightened up and stabilized with another screw or 2.

TK-1 Trailer pics

(Here you go, David)

Did the spare mount on the front of the storage box (part # 44069 bracket is for mounting on the side of the trailer frame). It involved some cutting off of part of the bracket, drilling some holes in the bracket, the front storage box and adding a U bolt for added support of the bracket to the tongue.

I used silicone sealer and weather stripping on the storage box to make it more water resistant. It fit pretty loosely when the top closed and water would undoubtedly get in.

I also repositioned the license plate bracket (see above) and added more reflective tape for more visibility.

xWBbHoM.jpg

PZE3oWh.jpg

Fns3hTo.jpg

2Q7sm0s.jpg

:goodjob: Jim.

I really like your modifications and creativity.ThumbUp

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Tag mount modification

Here's what I did with mine.

My neighbor works at a gravel company. He gave me a piece of a conveyor belt that they replaced. Flexible rubber 5/16'" thick and reinforced with three layers of mesh.

I made it to replicate the plastic original bracket. Cut it out on my band saw.

tag 4.jpeg

tag 2.jpeg

tag 3.jpeg

Attachments

• tag 1.jpeg
    tag 1.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 211

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back