2017 Frewheeler

Man, you've gotta share with us how y'a getting 55 mpg on your new Freewheeler...the company rates it at City/Hwy combined at 43, and you know that's a stretch. The estimate for my 15' was 39, but out in the real world was about 32 to 34 on a good day. :Shrug:

I dunno, I ride it @ 70-75 and it comes out to%% on the nose
I have knocked out the phoney flower petal centers of the baffles and rerouted the head breathers to the atmosphere
This M8 hauls the mail my 14 Freewheeler got 43 on the nose if did not twist the wick too hard

The MOCO advertises foot note #5 your results may or may not be different with mileage

mpg

Jack
I thought the freewheeler came out in 2015, where did you get a 14 with that kind of gas mileage? I have a 2015 and the best I have ever got is 39mpg and that at 50 mph which is the speed limit in most of British Columbia.

Okay so it's not just me...I thought I was losing my mind. First with the whole mpg deal, and second the 14 Freewheeler prototype :Shrug:

So I'm at Summit Point raceway and a guy is telling me that his buddy is turning 1:26 laps. I'm dubious because the class winners are only doing 1:30+ and his buddy isn't among them. So I watch. First lap he clocks 1:34 then resets and restarts his watch. Sure enough, next lap is 1:29. At one point he says something to a coworker before resetting & restarting his watch. Yup! A 1:26 lap.

No, I'm not pirating the thread. I suspect that 55 MPG has something in common with the 1:26 laps.:)

OOOOPS, I bough mine in 14, I now have a 17 M8 and it comes out to 55 mpg on the nose
I know alot of guys will say that aint right but this one does, maybe I should take it back and complain :laugh:

OOOOPS, I bough mine in 14, I now have a 17 M8 and it comes out to 55 mpg on the nose
I know alot of guys will say that aint right but this one does, maybe I should take it back and complain :laugh:

Heh! When a co-worker who was a meticulous record keeper bought an econo-car the guys began putting an extra couple gallons of gas into it every day. He was logging 60+ MPG! Then after the 1st service they stopped and his mileage dropped to 35. He ended up suing the dealer.

My 17 M8 got 37 the two times I measured it but only has 1500 miles on it so will prolly do better.

It's all good Jack, I can only wish for such great mileage from my 15'. That would be funny if y'a did though...:D

Now if harley would only fix the compensator issue on the 2015 it would be wonderful. Probably not . They have a new motor to play with .. cool to hear you like the new motor. Wish I could afford the trade .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back