12.3 inch Infotainment system

David792

150+ Posts
Mar 6, 2019
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
HD seems to be putting a lot of emphasis on the new 12.3 TFT display. I see it's on all the new CVO models and some others.

We know that some of the features are subscription based, but it looks like they are leaning heavily on the HD Ride Planner. Ride Planner has been very buggy lately. Has anyone heard wether or not HD plans on fixing Ride Planner?

Plus... it's stupid that the SE Tuner requires Windows to operate while they dumped Android Auto and only support CarPlay on the new infotainment system.

Heck I'd be happy if they fixed the onboard gps. It is buggy. I thought perhaps the unit on my 2020 TG was defective but never pursued it. And now my 2024 TG gps has the very same issues so guess it is a design flaw. My gripes are twofold: it does not give distance to next turn on the screen until you are within 1 mile of the turn . . . and way too often the next turn / waypoint information does not change after the turn is made or the waypoint is reached. Unit still navigates but heck I like to know what my next turn is.

As far as the ride planner I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on mother Harley. Seems to me mostly working is good enough for them.

Above reasons is why I stick to my Garmin Zumo and BaseCamp. My experience is that it navigates correctly almost 100% of the time.

Heck I'd be happy if they fixed the onboard gps. It is buggy. I thought perhaps the unit on my 2020 TG was defective but never pursued it. And now my 2024 TG gps has the very same issues so guess it is a design flaw. My gripes are twofold: it does not give distance to next turn on the screen until you are within 1 mile of the turn . . . and way too often the next turn / waypoint information does not change after the turn is made or the waypoint is reached. Unit still navigates but heck I like to know what my next turn is.

As far as the ride planner I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on mother Harley. Seems to me mostly working is good enough for them.

Above reasons is why I stick to my Garmin Zumo and BaseCamp. My experience is that it navigates correctly almost 100% of the time.

Thinking the new system would actually work I sold my Zumo with my old ride. Were you able to integrate the Zumo with the Infomation unit?

I upgraded to the SoundStream HDHU.14si unit. Problem solved. As an added bonus it has customizable gauges. CarPlay and Waze are my nav tools and the music is better than a Rockford Fosgate unit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back