+1.5 Oil Pan to Reduce Engine Heat

Well I've got a lot to think about. I really appreciate all the input I've received. I'm going up to Michigan today for a week. I hope to get my snowmobile ready. I don't seem to have any heat issues with it (LOL).

i use a jagg universal oil cooler.the oil temp is usually under the 220*
(HD says is normal operating temp for the twin cam. ck & see if your drive belt is rubbing. i use a .25 feeler gage. i posted more pics. earlier, but the posting hasn't been uploaded. maybe they need to be screened. i'll ck later & re upload them if needed. don't want to bouble post. dealer toot 1 hr. to adj. the drive belt. ext. warrenty doesn't cover adjustments. if my oil temp gets near 240 t0 260.in town. i go for a short shoot on the freeway to cool it down. also when i park the trike i have a big fan setting on the rt. side of the bike & i turn it on hi. & 10 min later the bike is cool to touch.

see if you can install a fan on your existing oil cooler. if you remove the lowers that will let a-lot more air get to the engine. &with the engine temp management system you have on your t/g ; the eng will go into limp mode if the eng temp gets too high.as you know.
you need a ECM controller. from the factory the eng. is lean, & needs to be ricnened up
for better performance & more fuel to the eng, means cooler eng temps.
i chose revolution performance. cost a-lot more, but its a (send ecm to factory& they adj. it) and i did it after i installed a S&S 510 GEAR CAM . AND AM HAPPY WITH IT.also go to a high quality oil. like red line 20x60 syn oil . only 20x60 i can find. i get mine from HARPWORLD.COM ; & also ude the shockproof gear lube that red line offers. there are other great oils that are waaaaaaaaay better than sny 3.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back