09 Sporty Frankenstein conversion

May 16, 2019
Beebe, Ar USA
Picked her up today and must say, at first blush I love it!! Used to a Can Am Spyder but this trike handles way better than I thought it would! Now one quick question for the collective minds in here. It had a side mount license plate holder that wouldn't fit with the new fenders. So I'm looking for a quick and dirty solution to hang a plate. Unfortunately, in my state the plate has to be horizontal. I'm sure I can come up with something fairly easily (lighting it will be a bit tougher) but I'm sure not above "borrowing" good ideas!

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 164
Picked her up today and must say, at first blush I love it!! Used to a Can Am Spyder but this trike handles way better than I thought it would! Now one quick question for the collective minds in here. It had a side mount license plate holder that wouldn't fit with the new fenders. So I'm looking for a quick and dirty solution to hang a plate. Unfortunately, in my state the plate has to be horizontal. I'm sure I can come up with something fairly easily (lighting it will be a bit tougher) but I'm sure not above "borrowing" good ideas!

Right on the back of the sissy bar back rest.....ThumbUp.....

Looks like you still have the OEM rear frame/fender brackets. A new bracket between the frame brackets could be fabricated to mount a tail / brake/ license light/ tag mount below the fender where the rear wheel used to be. That way you still have the option to strap a bag on the sissy bar when necessary without covering up the tag.

Another thought would be to mount it directly to the Frankenstein rear end. Use LED lights to eliminate the shock/vibration issues of filament bulbs.

You might not like the looks of it. It looks like you have two little lights on either side of the fender. They look cool. But I'v seen a few during the day and they just dont stand out.... I'd put a LED original style on the fender again and have a light that will get the attention of the brain dead cagers. That would take care of the mount for the plate, and the light for the plate... And Make it so you can be seen.... I've about been rearended three times by fools not paying attention.... Once in a jeep once in a F350 and once on the bike...

You might not like the looks of it. It looks like you have two little lights on either side of the fender. They look cool. But I'v seen a few during the day and they just dont stand out.... I'd put a LED original style on the fender again and have a light that will get the attention of the brain dead cagers. That would take care of the mount for the plate, and the light for the plate... And Make it so you can be seen.... I've about been rearended three times by fools not paying attention.... Once in a jeep once in a F350 and once on the bike...

Not sure how well that would work with the bobbed fender but worth considering.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back