Triglide gas tank fill up?

If I get a pump with a bad trigger, I stop before I make a mess. If I get enoght gas in there to get 150 miles without running out i'm fine. I usually need to get off way before that.

Has anyone figured out what causes the slow fuel fill or if there is a fix for this problem? I have an 11 Triglide and fueling is ridiculous. On the other hand, my friend has a 12 and his trike fuels right to the neck the first time. Do the 2 wheel bikes experiance this?
Bill, Arroyo Grande, CA
2011 Triglide

My 11 Tri fills without trouble, The problem is if you gas up at a station that has the bellows nozzle, You have to pull the nozzle out a little and hold the bellows back with your hand, Some stations don't have the bellows contraption and without it you can fill the tank right to the top! [surface tension]
And at that point I have a feeling the tank holds a little more than 6 gal ...

the reason the govt. did away with the bellows pump is that the car manufactures re-designed the gas tanks somehow, so there isn't any need for that type pump. but many gas stations haven't removed the yet. guess we have to start complaining.
oh!! we do that well.

Basically same as IronHorsepilot. Than I rock it and slow fill it as high as I can get it. Depends also if others are waiting for me. Slow and steady, takes time to get it toped off correctly! Good Luck!

My son bought me the McGuff. I put in over the gas tank opening then insert the fuel nozzle. Put the gas in till is clicks off, then a couple of little squirts and slowly pull out the nozzle until all the gas has come out of it. the McGuff works great for me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back