Roadside assistance

Konrad, if you find one that does use texting, please let us know. I also have a hearing problem and have faced the same problem several times. I have ended up texting my wife and she would do the talking for me.

Check my post directly before yours - your question is answered! GWRRA roadside assistance is the way to go!

Do you have someone that can take your text message and place the call for you? I know it is inconvenient but this may be your best solution to the problem. You could setup a preplan with the person taking your call and then you would just have to send the address or location that your are at. The GWRRA as far as I know has the best roadside help with the use of there Gold Book. Hope this helps.

Motorist and cyclist today rely all too much on cell phone service (which can be iffy out on the highway or rural areas) and seem to forget some old school rules of the road that can be used and stll work.
One.if a motorcyle is stranded on the side of roadway and the riders helmet is on the ground near the rear of bike,he/she wants you to stop and help.They then could get the help you need.
I NEVER ,pass a bike and rider on the side of the road,no matter what brand,to offer any assistance they may need.If they are just taking a break than I'm on my way and they think I was a nice guy for stopping.
Second,motorist used to be advised to carry a small plastic sign in their vehicles that simply stated "SEND HELP".A passing motorist was then to contact local police and tell them you were stranded and needed help.Then PD could get assistance for you.
Not everyone is a GWRRA member for the Road Assistance Plan.
If everything else fails,at least you have these options that still work.
Hope this helps a little.

Thanks for that info and suggestions - I had NO idea about the "helmet-on-the-ground" signal. In all my years I have never heard of that! And if a biker is not aware of it, I'll bet most cagers are not, either. Hence the plastic "SEND HELP!" sign is a darned good idea on those back roads.

I have never heard of the "helmet on the ground" signal before but have heard and seen numerous times that a "bandanna or hankerchief tied to the left handlebar or antenna is the universal motorcycle signal for help. Actually American Iron Magazine and Motorcycle Bagger has that in everyone of their issues. Hopefully a passing motorist will stop and you can communicate thru them. Like cscsonny mentioned I too will stop and check on a motorcycle pulled over on the side of the road. They may be taking a break or they may have a breakdown but you don't know if you don't stop. Besides it's alway nice to met another biker and take a little break yourself.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back